Scratch Removal / Paint Touch Up in Delhi NCR?

Thread Starter #1
in gurgaon and south delhi which place is good for repairing an old scratch in car body. there is rust in the scratch since it is many years old. are hyundai workshops cost effective for santro paint touch up

350Z

Core Team
in gurgaon and south delhi which place is good for repairing an old scratch in car body. there is rust in the scratch since it is many years old. are hyundai workshops cost effective for santro paint touch up
Service centers never cost cheap to fix such damages. Your local (but an experienced) mechanic can do same for nominal charges. I got a bumper dent fixed at Lajpat Nagar. There are some capable roadside mechanics at Palika Bhawan too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You may check with "sparkle Detailing" - Mr. Jaspreet singh. He can help to get rid of scratches.

Thread Starter #4
@350Z
thanks for answering - as you commented the hyundai dealer guy has quoted for rupees 6000/- for removing four scratches in the car. A local mechanic quoted rupees 200/- for the same. But, since I cannot recognize an experienced mechanic, Please tell me the name of (lajpat nagar) mechanic that you approached and his shop number if possible and / or his mobile number. The dealer is telling me that for 2300 he will give a teflon coating so that paint is protected. I am thinking of getting that done from the dealer after getting scratches painted. Since i assume that kind of work should be undertaken by a dealer but not a mechanic, because the mechanics may not have those machines.

@baranjil
Thanks for your help. I did a google search on "sparkle Detailing" - Mr. Jaspreet singh and got to following links :
Professional Car Detailing – Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) «
https://www.facebook.com/SparkleDetailing

I hope baranjil you meant that guy only.

But I am a little unsure of approaching him - if you see the facebook page, 98% the cars listed there are no less than 10-15 lakhs in cost (mercedez etc.) there was only a small photo of a maruti alto (only a mention of a santro) and a swift (a new one). But reading his facebook photo timeline he seems to have worked on cheap cars only in 2012, it seems - since after the initial couple of facebook posts on cheap cars in 2012 - he has always been posting work on luxury cars only - And I am having a 6 year old santro - I am worried how much he would be interested now in working with cheap cars. I think since you are in Chennai, you may not have had a first hand experience with him - you must be impressed with the information available online - which is impressive, no doubt about that. So I do not know if he works with cheaper cars now.

Last edited:
@350Z
thanks for answering - as you commented the hyundai dealer guy has quoted for rupees 6000/- for removing four scratches in the car. A local mechanic quoted rupees 200/- for the same. But, since I cannot recognize an experienced mechanic, Please tell me the name of (lajpat nagar) mechanic that you approached and his shop number if possible and / or his mobile number. The dealer is telling me that for 2300 he will give a teflon coating so that paint is protected. I am thinking of getting that done from the dealer after getting scratches painted. Since i assume that kind of work should be undertaken by a dealer but not a mechanic, because the mechanics may not have those machines.

@baranjil
Thanks for your help. I did a google search on "sparkle Detailing" - Mr. Jaspreet singh and got to following links :
Professional Car Detailing – Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) «
https://www.facebook.com/SparkleDetailing

I hope baranjil you meant that guy only.

But I am a little unsure of approaching him - if you see the facebook page, 98% the cars listed there are no less than 10-15 lakhs in cost (mercedez etc.) there was only a small photo of a maruti alto (only a mention of a santro) and a swift (a new one). But reading his facebook photo timeline he seems to have worked on cheap cars only in 2012, it seems - since after the initial couple of facebook posts on cheap cars in 2012 - he has always been posting work on luxury cars only - And I am having a 6 year old santro - I am worried how much he would be interested now in working with cheap cars. I think since you are in Chennai, you may not have had a first hand experience with him - you must be impressed with the information available online - which is impressive, no doubt about that. So I do not know if he works with cheaper cars now.
Nothing to worry!
Jas is such a nice person and he always help others!
He had an alto sometime back and now he has a verna.

Thread Starter #7
@Suba

Sirji , Bring It On !

I Will Take Care Of The Rest !
@Sparkle Detailing
@baranjil

I was out of town and I missed your posts.

It is great to hear directly from Jaspreet (I assume it is Jaspreet since he should be using the Sparkle Detailing login word). Great to hear from you.

I will come this month. In the next week (to be impressed by you [;)] ).

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the post and gave me insights.

no offense made to anyone but there should few things taken into account before getting body work or paint job done

1. people see if you are in-experienced they charge more for the same job.
  2. you should go out in the market search for few good people, which will even help you out in future works
  3. how to search - even all the mechanics have details of bodywork people
  4. okhla, palika bhawan, even a near car market near you etc are areas where people are offering such services
  5. how to know if the guy would do good work is go to a place where more denters and painters are there and automatically you will get discounted rates and see if he gets costly or big badges.
  6. and lastly to test some one is if he agrees effortlessly to do the job again if not done right.
Because there are people not in every market giving out good work at slightly high but competitive prices but gives guaranteed good work and they redo the job again if not done right
i would have given the no. of a person in okhla but he has shifted to other place in okhla nor do i have his new no.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Today while returning home from Doctor, at a signal, a motorbike's foot peg rubbed against the right side doors of my car. This created a deep scratch on both panels. The biker did not apologize at all. He actually came in between an Alto and my car while we were waiting at the signal. Now, my queries are as follows:

1) How much would be approx cost of getting it fixed at Honda ASC? (Without Insurance)

2) Any Good painter in South Delhi or Noida Area will be best to opt for. Kindly suggest on it. I thought of my uncle's outlet i.e Pandit & Co in Okhla, New Delhi but for this I guess the bill would be around 10-15K so whether I should go for it or get a reasonable alternative, I am unable to decide. My main concern is paint matching.

3) As I am totally frustrated with the way my car has been abused with regards to recent scratches i.e in last 3 months it has happened twice so I feel I should get a used Alto etc for local trips and reduce the running of this one for next 2-3 months till I re-book and purchase Tigor. What would be the average cost of used Alto i.e 2007-2008 model?

20170624_193224.jpg

Await your replies!

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom