Price Check: Fixing 15 CM Dent on New Ford Ecosport

Thread Starter #1
Hi Team,

I wanted to know how much i have to shell it get it fixed , it my first car and made a own mark in it [frustration] .

While reversing i was cocky to reverse in down hill without looking @ rearview mirror .. [embarass]

Well now there is a dent / bump in rear left part of my new car :(

iwlo21.jpg

Above is rough location of where bump / dent is .

Any know how much it will cost me from Ford BodyShop

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Team,

I wanted to know how much i have to shell it get it fixed , it my first car and made a own mark in it [frustration] .

While reversing i was cocky to reverse in down hill without looking @ rearview mirror .. [embarass]

Well now there is a dent / bump in rear left part of my new car :(

View attachment 119015

Above is rough location of where bump / dent is .

Any know how much it will cost me from Ford BodyShop

Thanks.
I cannot understand by this picture, it’s a deep dent or slight. If it’s a deep dent then you have to get it done from the ASC. But if its small you may DIY to fix it, however it may not 100% accurate but it could almost invisible.

Outer body metal is tempered while pressed them in dice to give them the design shape. I’m not saying all dents could be fixed this way, but the body metal have the ability to go back to its previous shape if the dent is not sharp, if its not any edges, if its on a flat surface or slightly oval surface. So most of the minor dents could be fixed easily.

See if you can remove the rear door inside cover and can see the dent from its backside, if you get it and if it’s a minor by a push from back it will go to its original shape. There have another method, get a soft towel (not very thick) and get a big chunk of ice, wrap the ice with the towel and rub the dented area, keep doing it, it may take time but this could fix small dents. Temperature expands and shrinks metals.

Once in our previous car (maruti 800) a football hit directly just above the front wheel metal fender and it got a huge dent just like the football shape. I opened the mudflap and gave it a push from inside and the dent gone it was 99% corrected.

Is there a damage to bumper also? If not, it can be repaired @4k. Get quote from Ford to compare with other sources.

Top Bottom