Looking For a Professional But Compact Car Polish Machine

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I’m looking for a professional but compact car polisher at reasonable price, I will be using this for my car (Fluidic Verna) mostly for waxing and minor scratch and swirl marks remover. I don’t want to invest a lot, want to get something good within 5k max.

I found this Bosch Skil polisher Polisher 9080 - Skil Power Tools and as its from Bosch so no doubt and its in my budget and cost around 5k. But its 7" backing plate and the machine looks little big, I’m looking something 4-5 inch backing plate, not so big as if I have to polish small areas and not so small too.

I’m looking for something like the attached one, powerful, compact, branded, 5" backing plate, as less expensive as possible etc. If anyone having any idea using or buying any reliable product like this please let me know. thanks

Attachments

Re: Looking for a professional but compact car polisher

Hi soumen.sam

The porter cable your showing is roughly about a $120-150 machine I believe.

I'm not sure if Im allowed to say this, but soon we will be selling porter cable equivalent machines that come with both 5" and 6" backing plates.

I found this Bosch Skil polisher Polisher 9080 - Skil Power Tools and as its from Bosch so no doubt and its in my budget and cost around 5k. But its 7" backing plate and the machine looks little big, I’m looking something 4-5 inch backing plate, not so big as if I have to polish small areas and not so small too.
You Can Go Ahead And Buy That Skill Rotary And Easily Replace 7" Backing Plate With 5 ". That Plate Will Not Cost You More Then 600 Rupees !

And Watch This Video For Basic Techniques Of Rotary Polishing ! [:D]
How To Meguiar's Professional Mirror Glaze Training Video - YouTube

Either you can buy that backing plate attachment to use it with drill machine. That's how I did compound my maruti 800 japan model if you wanna save money, rotary polisher is just for polishing and sanding but with drill you can do a lot of stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #5
You Can Go Ahead And Buy That Skill Rotary And Easily Replace 7" Backing Plate With 5 ". That Plate Will Not Cost You More Then 600 Rupees !
Yes your idea is good and I was thinking for the same by replacing with a 5” backing plate. But I found in net those are costs around 2k so that will be costly. Also I was wondering a Orbital Polisher/Dual Action Polisher the like described here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...3402-car-polish-machine-need-suggestions.html. Also whatever I read Dual Action Polisher are better than normal Rotary Polisher. Bosch Skil is good but it’s a Rotary Polisher and big in size so don’t like that too much beside something like this.

I just need someth for light use, not heavily use as my car is brand new. Mostly for waxing and light scratch removal in a small areas, that’s why 7” backing plate not necessery.

Also I don’t want to invest a lit like 10k I will hardly use it once in few month. However we have many other cars and bike but I don’t have lots of time to work on those. Just need one for my new car. So even if it’s a Rotary Polisher at low cost that will be fone too. I will check market very soon.

Also are you active in another very well known car forum TB… ? I think I see your profile picture and there people using great products for car detailings.

Either you can buy that backing plate attachment to use it with drill machine. That's how I did compound my maruti 800 japan model if you wanna save money, rotary polisher is just for polishing and sanding but with drill you can do a lot of stuff.
Like I said I will have its use very less, hardly once in 2 month so anything that will do the job that is fine. I had this idea like you said to use a electric drill, small handy cordless drill maybe, I even thought about small hand mixer grinder, anything with a motor that rotates but those things holding positions are not great for polishing job also those would cost almost close to a polisher machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
Yes I Am.

The Local Backing Plates You Can Get For 700 RS Are also Good [:)]
Ok, I’ve seen there few people are using GTECHNIQ C1 Crystal Lacquer, whats that? if you have good knowledge what would be the best paint sealant/protector, not polishing for shine. I need something which protects the paints from scratches etc.

And I will look for the local backing plate.

Thread Starter #9
i bought drill machine for 700rs, backing plate 100rs, 50rs polishing sponge, 80rs 2 polishing pads and that's it working perfect. uploading the picture of it.
This looks great and I dont mind to get something like this if it does the job. But how about fitting the backingplate to the drill? just a simple nut will do that? I hope this need to be done separately. Its really cost less if I got all the require stuff. Basically I have less time to get these stuff, car market is far away from my home.

its a headless bolt one side is in the chuck other screwed in the plate. the thing is if you buy the good make drill that will be expensive.go in the market once buy all things together and buy extra pads and sponge in case gets dirty.

Wow, even I had the idea for some time. I got a drilling machine which I can use only on woods (mainly I got it for drilling in wall). So for sometime I was thinking this idea but do not know how and what and where to get it.

can you throw me some links pls if possible.

i bought drill machine for 700rs, backing plate 100rs, 50rs polishing sponge, 80rs 2 polishing pads and that's it working perfect. uploading the picture of it.
Thats a good DIY.[clap]

What the rpm of this machine? Normal drilling machines use to be less than 1500rpm. But drilling machine with variable speed will be really helpful in the case of polishing.

High speed dual action machines are more recommended in the case of waxing the car. A 3000rpm dual action machines can do the waxing job perfectly.

Thread Starter #13
Hi Guys,

Here is the bad thing happened, as I had no time due to my work, my father was going near the car market in the city so I asked him to get some stuff, it’s a the popular car market and the once around the city. Even I print all so the shop keeper understood everything, priority: DA polisher if not rotary polisher is ok, Meguiar's polishing pads, buffing pad etc, and I’ve given a budget of 7k if anything goes costly.

But what they gave? Local pads which cost hardly 100 rupees each and A rotary sander worth around 3.5k and local pads. The sander speeds starts from 4k RMP to 15k RPM :eek:. And they said this is a car polisher. Throughout the market no shops sales car polisher, and this is the only one, core and vast market in Kolkata.

Thread Starter #14
Today as a replacement of the rotary sander got a cordless drill and got a foam pad, as they will not return the money, direct attached, not with Velcro backing plate and used it today, it just works, not very professionally. The speed controlling is an issue as the drill has the switch which control the speed, as much you press the speed will increase, not pre set speed.

Looks like complete waste of rs 4k.

Gstar,

Can you pls post the items I need to buy to convert my Drilling machine to car polisher pls. If possible to buy them online with links.

Top Bottom