Car Upholstery Cleaning

Thread Starter #1
Hi all.i am from Bangalore South. i would like to know the best upholstery car cleaning done. i am currently using wagonr. i asked at kalyani motors (mysore road). they said it would cost around 300rs.any other good option?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your car comes with leather interiors you can use upholstery cleaners from Formula 1, megular etc.
Or take the car to the 3M car care, they are very professional & will do the work for you.

As above, doing it yourself isnt very hard either with the correct products.

A good cleaner, a light agitator brush, and a towel are all that are required really.

You can simply buy an APC and dilute to the right ration and use a mild brush to clean. Easy DIY.

Try your APC here:
http://www.meguiars.com/en/professional/products/d10101-all-purpose-cleaner/
Website mentions is a versatile cleaner for both 'exterior' and interior surfaces. Which exterior it mentions here?

For interiors, I use a Waxpol, a vinyl and leather cleaner.
  • First I clean all the interiors (leather seats, dashboard, plastic surfaces include door panels etc) with a cloth dampened with detergent soap water to remove all dirt.
  • Then clean with a dry cloth to remove the wetness.
  • Then I apply Waxpol for full interiors (not for carpets) with another dry cloth. This doubles as dashboard shiner too.

Last edited:

Civic

Suspended
Exterior means, you can use this to clean the tires, wheels, engine bay etc. But you may need to follow the dilution ration as suggested by the manufacturer. Certain APCs (Some manufacturers call their APCs as something else for eg: Car Cleaning Products, you can see here the gtechniq's APC is called as 'Universal Cleaner' but they are also APCs, but they are little more concentrated than Meg APC, costlier also :-) )

Be careful, when you use Waxpol in the dashboards, as they tend to give lots of reflection due to the glossy look. I prefer to use some synthetic products instead of wax to protect the dashboard.

Last edited:

Top Bottom