Easiest Way To Cover & Uncover a Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIgers,
I have to park my car outside house within our society and its very much succeptible to dust. If I wash car in the evening there’s dust to be cleaned on the windshield and entire car by morning. To avoid this I must cover the car every evening and take it off every morning.
As I am new to this was thinking what’s the best way for a single person to cover and uncover
- Quickly
- Minimum chances of developing scratches
- Well if the cover can be folded while removing nothing like it. Right now I make a mess of it and next time when I have to put it on, again I am fumbling[confused]
Please help.
P.S.- Its GRAND I10

Re: Efficient/best ways to cover uncover your car?

This is what you need
Foldable Car Shelter - Buy Folding Car Shelter,Folding Garage,Car Shelter Product on Alibaba.com
Can you park the car in the same spot everyday,if so fabricating one like this won't be too difficult.
Regards,
Aneesh.
Hi draneeshpm,

If dust is the main criteria, I suggest the following vehicle cover. The following cover is for Fortuner Vehicle, costing around 3400 RS. Simple, Elegant and Easy fold-able.
rr_0000.jpg

@Parth the simple way is to first mark the sides of the car cover by a sticker or with the use of permanent marker . Secondly while uncovering start from the front bumper and start to roll up the cover (like a char)t till you reach the antenna portion then simply fold up in two folds .Covering is easier ; just unfold the cover (without the rolled up part coming away) and cover the rear portion by simply throwing the rolled portion on top and letting the unfolded portion settle correctly . Finally slide down the rest of the rolled portion.

Thread Starter #6
@Parth the simple way is to first mark the sides of the car cover by a sticker or with the use of permanent marker . Secondly while uncovering start from the front bumper and start to roll up the cover (like a char)t till you reach the antenna portion then simply fold up in two folds .Covering is easier ; just unfold the cover (without the rolled up part coming away) and cover the rear portion by simply throwing the rolled portion on top and letting the unfolded portion settle correctly . Finally slide down the rest of the rolled portion.
I uncover by rolling up right side first to the top then left side to top and now everything will be on the roof,then rolls it from front to back.To Cover reverse these actions.[:)]
Thanks pradeep and Aneesh will try them one by one. However it looks certainly organized than what i was doing[embarass]

Wow, something in my mind is here as a post.

I generally do as most of friends do.

First I uncover either of side and then other side. Now the entire cover is in top. Simple start rolling and when ever required fold the sides so that when you finish the size of the entire cover is small so that if can fit into your boot easily without occuping more space.

While covering, start from the front and start unrolling. now the entire cover is in top. Pull down both sides. That is it.

In addition to the belt in sides, I have stitched (with the help of seat cover shop) belt with clip in front (longer one) and back (shorter one). I will buckle up that clip also. So it wont easily get removed because of wind.

Actually I thought of posting a video of it. I will do it in couple of days.

The rolling of cover like a chart may cause the outer dust to get inside the inner linings of car cover. The same may induce scratches when we are again putting the cover ON. One thing we can do to avoid that by dusting the cover before removing. But am i correct? Please correct me if am wrong[thinking].

Thread Starter #10
Well guys I am using the technique of rolling up from the sides to the top and then folding.
Its easier.
Can the car cover make any scratches if we pull to adjust corners in the end?

The rolling of cover like a chart may cause the outer dust to get inside the inner linings of car cover. The same may induce scratches when we are again putting the cover ON. One thing we can do to avoid that by dusting the cover before removing. But am i correct? Please correct me if am wrong[thinking].
Well guys I am using the technique of rolling up from the sides to the top and then folding.
Its easier.
It is possible to some extent.

Yes manish it does happen but I always dust before covering and uncovering the car . I dust and give a gentle wash to my cover so that it remains clean on the outer too.
But when you follow this you can avoid it. You can dust the car before covering.

Its easier.
correct i used the same technique as it was daily issue of dust
but since distance from my house to where I park car was too much
I gave up on same since cover was filled with dust and i didn't like dust cover in my car

I have not seen the car cover making an scratches while pulling to adjust corners in the end

Always use a branded car cover and never cover a dusty or wet car.
Branded covers are costly and torn away easily but they don't scratch your paint however you handle it.

Sorry for bumping this year old thread again.

I park my car under sky and hence there are variety of materials getting collected on the top of it. To avoid this I started covering my car when it is parked.

The issue here is not about putting cover and taking it off, but the real trouble is to lock the belt which runs under the width of car. I daily waste couple of minutes throwing it under the width and running to other side thinking I can see the socket, but all in vain [frustration]. People and couples standing in their balconies/ galleries often watch this activity of mine like watching a tax-free movie [anger]

Does anyone have any idea upon how to do it correctly?

Last edited:

Top Bottom