Beware! Car Aroma Door Step Car Wash Services

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am here with a horrific story of the car wash at your door step.

There was a pomp-let/add which came with the news paper stating that your car would be cleaned at your door step. We come fully equipped.

Usually I just wipe the car with a damp cloth as in our apartment we have issues with water facility.

Though there is a wash center next to my building just 50 mtrs, I taught to get it washed from these guys as they had mentioned that they would even polish the car.

I had seen this type of service which our member Amit had got it done for his Scorpio. I taught this would be similar.

Link : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...mahindras-new-door-step-service-facility.html

Finally called him on Saturday, he told me has many bookings. Told him to come on Sunday. I had asked whether he would bring every thing necessary for washing, he told yes.

Finally I was not at home, he came home my mother handed over the car keys and told them to start the washing.

Now starts the shocking thing ! They had come in Activa with a vaccum cleaner and a pressure washer. Later after 15 min I reached home, shocking thing is they were using my apartment's electricity & water. [frustration] So whats the point that - we come fully equipped.

The pressure washer was so good that it could not even take out mud from the car's mud flaps !

At last I had to pay 400rs, yes 400 rs ! Scolded them and told them never to come back.

After this, all my neighbors complained that I had wasted water and also made the parking lot dirty. This was a free gift / complement to me. [lol]

Sunday's lesson.

So friends, my suggestion never get these kind of services.
Just a alert from myside..

Here are some pic's.

Pomp-lets

123.jpg
456.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Alert ! Car Wash At Your Door Step

Ha ha. All that glitters is not sold:biggrin:.

How was the quality of the work done, by the way? Did you complain to their head office (provided they have one)?

Personally, I would not let any one touch my car in my absence.No third party would ever clean your car with so much devotion as you would do it yourself.

p.s.: Good to see your 800 after a long time. How are the Potenza GIIIs holding up?

ha ha ha. Just one question. The blue bucket in second last pic. Did they bring it or it is yours as well??? [lol]

Thread Starter #4

Ha ha. All that glitters is not sold.

How was the quality of the work done, by the way? Did you complain to their head office (provided they have one)?

Personally, I would not let any one touch my car in my absence.No third party would ever clean your car with so much devotion as you would do it yourself.

p.s.: Good to see your 800 after a long time. How are the Potenza GIIIs holding up?
Yes, even I do not let any one to wash the car unless I am around, this was a mistake. I dint call them up again.

Quality was average, they used diesel mixed with some oil to make the black carpets shine [frustration]. My 800 is running quite a lot these days.Almost 2-2500 kms a month.

There are small issues, I replaced the IAC valve yesterday still the idle rpm keeps jumping up and down.

Potenza's are doing their job, excellent grip. No squeaking noise at all in all speeds.

ha ha ha. Just one question. The blue bucket in second last pic. Did they bring it or it is yours as well??? [lol]
Ha Ha, forgot to mention, that bucket was mine [lol]

Hi Friends,

I am here with a horrific story of the car wash at your door step.

There was a pomp-let/add which came with the news paper stating that your car would be cleaned at your door step. We come fully equipped.

Usually I just wipe the car with a damp cloth as in our apartment we have issues with water facility.

Though there is a wash center next to my building just 50 mtrs, I taught to get it washed from these guys as they had mentioned that they would even polish the car.

I had seen this type of service which our member Amit had got it done for his Scorpio. I taught this would be similar.

Link : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...mahindras-new-door-step-service-facility.html

Finally called him on Saturday, he told me has many bookings. Told him to come on Sunday. I had asked whether he would bring every thing necessary for washing, he told yes.

Finally I was not at home, he came home my mother handed over the car keys and told them to start the washing.

Now starts the shocking thing ! They had come in Activa with a vaccum cleaner and a pressure washer. Later after 15 min I reached home, shocking thing is they were using my apartment's electricity & water. [frustration] So whats the point that - we come fully equipped.

The pressure washer was so good that it could not even take out mud from the car's mud flaps !

At last I had to pay 400rs, yes 400 rs ! Scolded them and told them never to come back.

After this, all my neighbors complained that I had wasted water and also made the parking lot dirty. This was a free gift / complement to me. [lol]

Sunday's lesson.

So friends, my suggestion never get these kind of services.
Just a alert from myside..

Here are some pic's.

Pomp-lets

View attachment 101396
View attachment 101397
Varun, Hi!!! how are you?

Your car is glittering (as always). For 250rs, they do a car body wash in so many places in Bangalore (not at door steps), and they do a neat job, only thing you have to be there near the car. Never mind. We learn lessons only by mistakes.

Varun,

Thank you for sharing.
Where I get my car pressure washed, they charge 300rs for what they call a full body wash. Which includes diesel spraying on the chasis and under the hood, tire and dash polish and they also dry wipe the car. So quite happy with their service.

Varun,

Thank you for sharing.
Where I get my car pressure washed, they charge 300rs for what they call a full body wash. Which includes diesel spraying on the chasis and under the hood, tire and dash polish and they also dry wipe the car. So quite happy with their service.
Yes, Fyzy. When I am in Bangalore I do it at a place in Banaswadi near to the house, they charge 250rs. They clean and wash the mats, body wash with shampoo, dash board and tyre polishing etc. And when I am in Kerala, I do it myself with my BOSH pressure wash, and polish with sander polisher at home. In a way its a best exercise.

Last edited:
Yes, Fyzy. When I am in Bangalore I do it at a place in Banaswadi near to the house, they charge 250rs. They clean and wash the mats, body wash with shampoo, dash board and tyre polishing etc. And when I am in Kerala, I do it myself with my BOSH pressure wash, and polish with sander polisher at home. In a way its a best exercise.
Ram Sir,

At the end of the wash, you will have great muscles and a sparking shinny Octy [clap] :stupid:.

Top Bottom