Car Polish Machine - Need Suggestions.

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

i want to buy a car polishing machine to take care of my two cars & keep them shining ( & have something to do on weekend [:D]), if any one use them or know any good brand plz share details.

Re: Car polish machine .. need suggestions.

Hi friends,

i want to buy a car polishing machine to take care of my two cars & keep them shining ( & have something to do on weekend [:D]), if any one use them or know any good brand plz share details.

What type of a polisher are you looking for:
1. Orbital Polisher/Dual Action Polisher
The motors and drive units on these two types of polisher's oscillate in an eccentric circular motion or a figure-eight motion. Due to the random or semi-random motion of these machines, they are much safer to the paint because it's nearly impossible to generate enough heat to cause paint burns or wear through the paint. In most cases, if too much pressure is applied the oscillating action on the polishing pad will stop and the energy will be transmitted back to the tool operator as excessive vibration.

Oscillating machines have a second benefit. Because the tool head does not rotate in a direct circle, they will not create the dreaded buffer swirls or holograms in your paint finish like a rotary buffer can. This safety feature makes these machines highly popular with car enthusiasts like the idea of machine polishing, but at the same time are concerned about burning or inflicting swirls into their car's paint finish.

Not sure of the brand or the cost

2. Rotary Polisher
Rotary buffers are drastically different in the way they work compared to Dual-Action Polishers and Orbital Polisher/Waxers. Unlike an oscillating machine, the drive unit used in a rotary buffer is direct. What this means is the tool head is driven directly off the electric motor, giving a high-powerful rotating motion. The benefit of this type of machine is that it can do a lot of heavy polishing work very quickly. By heavy polishing work, we mean that the rotary buffer will remove paint to restore a damaged finish.

Look for Skil Car polisher .... it is a good brand and many car DIY enthusiasts are using it. It will cost you around 5k +

However withd proper use of Pads and proper holding angles of rotary polisher you can work on your car without causing any swirl marks
Thanks

Top Bottom