Servicing Hyundai i10

Thread Starter #1
There are two Hyundai dealerships in my city KTC & MCP. I bought my car two weeks ago from MCP as they gave me the best deal.

My friend from a workshop just came to look at the car and he said MCP do not have a service center here only a show room and KTC will not service my car as I bought it from MPC. He said he knows because it happened to another friend of his (but he forgot to tell me before buying the car).

Unfortunately the MCP service center is over 35km away. I did not realise this when buying the car [frustration][embarass] (feel like an idiot).

Surely this can't be right can the other dealership refuse to do the free service on my car.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Servicing i10

They cant refuse. After sales service earns the dealer more than selling cars. Only an idiot will refuse.
I hope you are right, but apparently they have refused others.

Surely an authorised dealership have to service all Hyundai cars. I guess I will find out in two months when my first free service is due if they will service me or not.

Thread Starter #6
You can get your car serviced at any service center. And if they refuse you can report the sc.
Why on earth Service center will refuse to service the car, rather they will be happy. In servicing they squeeze out more money from us.
Thankyou , its a relief to hear you say that, apparently they refuse to do the free service because there is no money in it for them. My first service is due in August, so hopefully you guys are right,

I have a Hyundai i10 and have done all three services. All my services are done by another dealer near my home and not from the dealer from which I purchased the car. He never refused me. They call and remind me for when the next service is due and also offer free car pickup for service.

Hi John

You can have your car serviced from any HASS in India and this is true for any other brand as well. Even in free service they make money from the manufacturer and in selling you accessories, under body coating etc.

If this particular ASS is denying you, complain to Hyundai and hopefully they will come to their senses.

Chayan

Thread Starter #9
I have a Hyundai i10 and have done all three services. All my services are done by another dealer near my home and not from the dealer from which I purchased the car. He never refused me. They call and remind me for when the next service is due and also offer free car pickup for service.
Hi John

You can have your car serviced from any HASS in India and this is true for any other brand as well. Even in free service they make money from the manufacturer and in selling you accessories, under body coating etc.

If this particular ASS is denying you, complain to Hyundai and hopefully they will come to their senses.

Chayan
Thankyou both of you.

When I bought my car they gave me free underbody coating and overbody coating. Is there anyway to check if it really has been done, if it has not I will pay to get it done.

Thankyou both of you.

When I bought my car they gave me free underbody coating and overbody coating. Is there anyway to check if it really has been done, if it has not I will pay to get it done.
If they did underbody coating (3M, Waxoyl etc.) they would have given you 3/5 year warranty card with which you could have the coating inspected and re-applied at the time of service.

If there is no 3M card, then chances are that it is a marketing ploy.

Top Bottom