Small Scratch on My Ford Figo

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I am a proud owner of Ford Figo TDCI (Blue) and its just 6 months old. But, I got a small mark on the bonnet because of an iron piece fell from an auto in front of me. Its a very small mark, size is equal to a rice seed only so I am not willing get whole bonnet repaint.

I am attaching two images with this post, please let me know if there is any possible solution to fix this. [confused]

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: Small Mark On Bonnet

I am attaching two images with this post, please let me know if there is any possible solution to fix this.
Ask the mechanic to do a touch up next time you visit the service center. They’ll do it for free. If the paint hasn’t peeled off then simple rubbing compound will serve the purpose.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Small Scratch on Figo's Bonnet

Yes as rightly pointed out by 350Z, at your next service, ask them to do a touching there. For my Polo, I got a touch-up done at 2 places with similar small marks on my front bumper during the car service and they did it without taking any extra charge for it.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Small Mark On Bonnet

Ask the mechanic to do a touch up next time you visit the service center. They’ll do it for free. If the paint hasn’t peeled off then simple rubbing compound will serve the purpose.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for your reply. I will be going for first service after a month or so, I am afraid that it might increase by that time, its 1 month old and it was smaller in the beginning. And yes, the white surface is visible so paint is gone.

Should I take any temporary measure to stop it from increasing (if there is any). [:)]

minor scratches to my ford figo-please help

Hi all,
Got my ford figo titanium on 06th of this month. Will post my ownership thread after my dussehara holidays.
In the meantime at my native place where the roads are not that good and i myself being a novice driver had problems while reversing and had made scratches to front bumper rear bumper and driver side bottom bumper. Think i need to learn a lot while reversing. Any suggestions or advice is welcome. In all the above three cases i was too casual as if i know everything kind of feeling and scratched my baby[frustration].
I had nearly done 1200kms as of now. I just wanted to know whether these scratches can be removed and my car ever gets a brand new look again? If yes what would be the approx. Cost? Can this be done at FASS or any outside paint shops will do? Please help.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: minor scratches to my ford figo-please help

Yes this scratches can be removed easily. It will cost you around Rs 2000 if you find a local car painting shop. Ford paint shop will charge you almost around 3/4 price of the new bumper.

Re: minor scratches to my ford figo-please help

The scratches not really bad. If you are not that particular , you can live with that.
In Bangalore most car bumber condition will worse than this, thanks to auto, two wheeler and cabbies.

Hiding scratches on front door of the car?

I have a deep scratch at the bottom of front door of my car(ford figo).

the repairing would cost around 10k because it involves metal cutting and repainting.(from my previous experience i've had difference in intensity of colors )

So I've thought of installing side moldings over the doors to hide the scratch.

Can this be done?????????????

259j47q.jpg

Help me out!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Hiding scratches on front door of the car?

the repairing would cost around 10k because it involves metal cutting and repainting.(from my previous experience i've had difference in intensity of colors )
Is this the only scratch?
If so, it should not cost you more than 3k. If you need any assistance, PM me.

Rs. 10000 to repair this mouse of a scratch is atrocious!! Ford Service Centre quote, I guess.

Take your car to some good local denter/painter. Even if he uses some nice branded paint like Du Pont, the total cost should remain under Rs. 3000, even if he has to paint the entire door.

Side moulding is also a good idea. Check out if the moulding does hide the scratch dimensionally without looking like a jugaad job. If it fits, clean the scratched area with kerosene and put some primer and paint on it before sticking on the moulding. Doing this would prevent rust in the long run.

View attachment 113745

Help me out!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!
First of all, kick the FORD guy who gave you the estimate. My Figo (bought last Jan) picked up a deep scratch + dent on the left rear door when it rubbed against my garage gate (our fault). Ford quoted Rs.4K for the door (which is standard for any car in this category). With taxes it should be a little less than Rs.4.5K.

Now on the beading thing... only stick beading on unbroken paint. If the scratch has caused the metal to be exposed, then beading will only help it to rust more.

Better option is to always get it repaired. If it does not work out at Ford ASS, then get it done from outside.

View attachment 113745

Help me out!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!
Why not DIY :

Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

Check this link. You can get the pack and DIY at home. I think worth a try yourself before going to ASS.

Top Bottom