Maintenance Work List For Suzuki SX4

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I'm done with Bimal Maruti Service. I tried my best to trust them but all they do is promise and forget. I been to them number of times with the complain I'm facing (listed in the end). They either ignore it or clean if for just a temporary run. Includes a free service.

I need to know some good, reliable and economical workshops where I can get the following checked/done-

- Engine Vibration and Noise (at both interiors and bonet). While standing pick up, the car wobbles a bit and vibrates. Can be felt both inside and bonet. Even torque is slightly lower than usual.

- Interior stain cleaning. Glass cleaning.

- Teflon coating/3M coating to protect paint. Dust and water marks stick too strongly to the body and is not so easy to wipe it off.

Awaiting response.
Thanks.

Enjoy~!

Re: Work list for Suzuki SX4

I am not sure where you reside in Bangalore, based on that people can recommend workshops for you.

For points 2 and 3, I can recommend 2-3 places :

1. 3M Showrooms in HSR Layout/JP Nagar/Kundalahalli
2. Car Care, carcareindia@gmail.com, +91 98807 07676# 132/1, R V Road, V V Puram, Bengaluru - 560004
3. Sparkle Car Spa, in Forum(s) Mall/Royal Meenakshi Mall.

Of course latter two are cheaper and they use 3M products also.

Hi,

For all interior cleaning, I will anyday recommend 3M (UB city outlet) although prices are high they do a good job for sure. Skip the spa at forum mall & the 3m outlet at indiranagar, there are too many negative reviews about their service in the internet.

The engine mounts may need replacement, however it would be good if a good Service advisor confirms it & I feel 1 paid service at any Maruti outlet should certainly solve the issue as we already know the quality of Free services.

SS80

Could be some cylinder(s) not working to full potential check injectors, plugs, ignition coils.

Thread Starter #5
Guys, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Appreciate that.

I mentioned to the service men clearly that I'm willing to pay any cost which would solve my problem. I believe they didn't take it seriously and just did a check/cleaning job to make it sound nice initially. Presently, the car has more vibration/noise than it had before I handed it over for 1st free service.

I put up in Koramangala, been to HSR 3M Car Care. They did not mention about teflon but did tell me about paint sealant which would last for a month or so. It would cost about 3k. Is that the budget I'm looking at for my needs?

Thanks again.

Enjoy~!

I have not used 3M services, but have heard, read a lot about them. If your car usage is not regular (during these rainy days in city roads) then I guess the coat would last much longer. 3m is a master when it comes to Interior cleaning, dont worry about that.

3m charges are always a bit on the higher side when compared to the showrooms. But they definately use genuine 3M products. I think for the size of SX4 (huge body panels) it is worth it assuming it will last for 50days atleast.

For the engine vibration, may be you can get it checked at any local garage once. However my suggestion would be to drive the car for atleast a few thousand kilometers before you spend any money further.

Do not get Teflon, its just overrated.Instead try the paint protection, please ask what will the paint be protected against.The main enemy of paint is bird dropping.If the paint protection can't protect against this,then it is useless.Ask for any guarantees in writing.

I have seen an Sx4 with vibration and hissing problem from the ignition on to ignition off.It was caused due to a broken cable tie.One of the cables was close to the firewall and would rub against it every time the ignition was turned on.

Since this is a used car, you need to check the clutch and other clutch parts like the master and slave cylinder since this is a hydraulic clutch.Most people have found the slave cylinder to be faulty.You can top off the clutch fluid using DOT4 brake fluid which is mostly sold as Clutch/brake fluid.

You have TVS and Bosch service centers that clean and service the injectors, you can try this after you get the clutch checked out.

Also get your fuel pump checked out.

If you are willing to travel towards south Bangalore, I would suggest Solotech motors (MASS) near Pesit college , Avalahalli. Near DG petrol bunk.

If you are coming there PM me I will guide you. Contact Mr Venkatesh (Owner) a very good guy.

If you are willing to travel towards south Bangalore, I would suggest Solotech motors (MASS) near Pesit college , Avalahalli. Near DG petrol bunk.

If you are coming there PM me I will guide you. Contact Mr Venkatesh (Owner) a very good guy.
That is a good workshop, I have too heard from sources. Some times these independent MASS workshops are much better than dealer MASS who are just to rip you off.

Hi,

Could you explain in detail - When does it vibrate
a. idle
b. idle-part throttle transition
c. Other factors if any

If the issue is more around the idle and idle- transient load condition. It may be because of your ETC. Try resetting your ETC with TECH II/SDT tool or manual resetting procedure.

BTW - Did this issue start after you changed your car battery or after using the car with a poor battery??

Hope this helps ....

Joe

I need to know some good, reliable and economical workshops where I can get the following checked/done-

- Engine Vibration and Noise (at both interiors and bonet). While standing pick up, the car wobbles a bit and vibrates. Can be felt both inside and bonet. Even torque is slightly lower than usual.

Enjoy~!

Thread Starter #11
Thanks again guys.

Precisely this is what happens with the engine part-

-Vibration and noise is high but not always. They happen just randomly. Difference is not too high for anyone to make it out.
-When I observe higher vibration and noise during idling/pickup or even mid torque, the power output is also sluggish (again not too much off a difference), but do feel lack of punch with A/C on, 3-4 people seated at the speed of 70+. (SS80 did feel the same lag once when he drove my vehicle). This is not permanent, sometimes the car would be smooth and torquee.

On the paint part-
- I got a paint sealant done from 3M Car Care, HSR Layout Bangalore. They charged 5.3k which would last for 7-8 months. Car was shining well after their touch. It was only the exterior (no interiors and windshields). I still feel the price was higher as I still have water marks appearing on the car and dust getting touch (Thanks to recent rain in Bangalore). It's slightly easier to clean them off now but for that price, I expected much more.

Can you tell me more on the private garages where I can find some trustworthy person who can recreate and understand my issues and solve it without looting me. Some referrals would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Enjoy~!

Last edited:
Thanks again guys.

Precisely this is what happens with the engine part-

-Vibration and noise is high but not always. They happen just randomly. Difference is not too high for anyone to make it out.
-When I observe higher vibration and noise during idling/pickup or even mid torque, the power output is also sluggish (again not too much off a difference), but do feel lack of punch with A/C on, 3-4 people seated at the speed of 70+. (SS80 did feel the same lag once when he drove my vehicle). This is not permanent, sometimes the car would be smooth and torquee.

Enjoy~!
If you have not done it already , get the engine mountings checked. They may be a cause for the vibration.

Thread Starter #13
The problem is, every time I ask Maruti to check mountings, spark plugs, clutch kit etc, they just respond saying its fine we have checked it.

Now suddenly the service incharge told that I need a clutch replacement and it's not covered in warranty. I'm talking to the market representative regarding this.

Enjoy~!

The clutch is not covered under warranty and is one of the things you need to check in used cars.

Make sure you tell them that this was brought to their notice since day 1.They had assured you that they would take care of it and have failed to do so.

Thread Starter #15
Yes it does not. I checked it and so far I had the feedback that it is fine. I still believe clutch is not really an issue. Why would it misbehave at times and sometimes not. They are just trying to put up a complain which is payable. Simple servicing or changing of spark plugs won't yield them much profit.

Top Bottom