Hyundai Accent Paint Job

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

I purchased a my car in July. Got some scratches while parking it around December but I thought that as they were small I might tackle it when I will give it for another service.

Day before yesterday I got hit into a Bus and now I have a huge dent and have lost the paint too.

Front Bumper is ruined and Metal body is also ruined on one side in front.

If someone could share their experience about paint touching job in service center then it would be very nice.

Don't have any clue on budget but just now worried that if color starts looking different after sometime then should I just replace whole body parts or should I just go for paint work with service center.

Thanks a lot.

a few picture would have certainly helped...
A dent is repairable outside, and mostly you get a better finish than A.S.S. But if something need a change some parts.. then you are in soups. As Hyundai parts are not available outside, you have to relay on A.S.S

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

Here are the Pics.

Was just worried that if after sometime the colortone looks different that is why was thinking to go to the service center.

img03312013185257.jpg

img03312013185248.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have an Accent Executive in black color. Check with the service center, it should cost you very less as it is very small. When you say front bumper ruined, are you planning to replace? I guess it costs around 5k, I will verify it for you tomorrow.

If I am correct only two panels (apart from bumper) that needs denting + painting - total cost excluding new bumper cost will not be more than 10k (2.5K per panel denting + painting cost)

Panel - one door/one fender/one bumper is considered as panel.

Ruzz for the second picture I believe that a lot of the scratches can be removed with a scratch remover .... will request you to buy a scratch remover and then apply polish and see how it works .... Even if it corrects one pannel you will save approx 2500 Rs and then you can probaby try on the other pannels as well. However for the first picture (the top side) it is more like the paint chipping off so scratch remover or polish won't help .... try going to a body shop and they can probably fill it with a filler and then just do a patch work and since your car is black it would be easy to get the exact match instead of colouring the whole pannel.

Top Bottom