Quick Tip: How To Wash Your Car in One Bottle Water.

Thread Starter #1
Quicktip: How to Wash your car in one bottle of water & very little time & effort.

Steps:

1. Take a new/old filled/empty Colin Clean and Shine bottle.
2. If it is a new/filled colin bottle remove the spray pump cap & put a regular coke/limca/sprite plastic bottle cap onto it which fits exactly to close it shut. Then fill the other empty clean softdrink plastic bottle with clean water and put the spraypump cap on it. (If the colin bottle is empty you can fill that itself with clean water)
3. Spray half of the bottle of water uniformly all over the surface of the car & wipe it clean with a clean soft cloth.
4. Spray 2nd time the remaining water all over the surface of the car & wipe it clean with a NEW/second clean soft cloth. You are basically done.[:D]
5. You can use the steps for the inside of the car as well except floor mats which always need more water to wash.

Observations: Saves lot of water, time & effort![:D]

Click here if you don't know what a colin bottle is.

I did not see any thread with quick tips so started a new thread, admins please move to such a thread if one exists.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Quicktip: How to Wash your car in one bottle water.

i had to read it 2 times to understand the procedure :D and it indeed is simple but i don't think it will do much help since the amount of dust on cars cannot be cleaned with just 1 liter of water.

you might have to remove excess dust before using your technique. but agree it's simple and easy.

Last edited:

Good idea during urgency

Would not be applicable if there is too much dust on the car

It would only add to having more swirls on the paint

Please DON'T cleam your car like this yaar. When you spray the water, it would get mixed with the dust on the car and for a smudgy paste. upon cleaning it with the cloth it would damage the top layer of the paint though it might not be visible till a few "washes". Ultimately you'll start to notice swirls and scratch like lines all over our car's body.

I appreciate your idea of saving water in a car wash but this isn't just appropriate.

freakdude.

Totally agree with freakdude.
one more point which i would like to add is- This procedure cannot be used for tires and fender lining.
But this can be used if the car has less dust.
BTW I really appreciate your idea.

Thread Starter #6

If there is any dry dust the first thing one needs to do is blow it off as much as possible with a large dry cloth or one of those brooms, I thought that's pretty obvious & did not mention that. I am sure nobody will spray water over dust to create a huge mess!! [:)]

Anyways works like a charm though ! I just got the idea, because I keep hearing about all these companies in Bangalore these days who offer waterless cleaning & so it struck me to try this way & tried it today .... maybe I should apply for a patent [;)]

Ultimately you'll start to notice swirls and scratch like lines all over our car's body.
freakdude.
freakdude, So just curious then what's the right way? splash water & not wipe it at all ? or take it to a car wash? ... but that cannot be done every day/week right?

I take my car to a car wash once a quarter or six months but for daily/regular cleaning I thought this method is very efficient rather than employ some guy for a few hundred who will use a bucket full of water & some dirty cloth & basically do the same job!

Even if you blow away the rested dust, there still is a lot of dust stuck to the paint's microscopic cracks, more in older cars.

These is no best way buddy, just a better way than the other. And yes splashing is always better than spraying. You'll have to wipe it off ultimately but a splash removes a lot more dust than a spray.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #8

freakdude, got it. thanks. yes I am aware of the possibility of scratches being caused while wiping, I was just thinking if using a large sponge (slightly wet ) might be better to avoid even tiny scratches, anyways will try that next time & update this thread! [;)]

---------

one more thing, after dusting the surface, the time taken for you to spray half a liter/bottle uniformly all over the surface of the car which is at least about 5 mins & then if you are able to leave the sprayed water for another couple of minutes then the wet dust/dirt (whatever there is if any) is less likely to cause scratches on the car than if you try to dry wipe your car having dry dirt - right?. But then again there is no perfect way so give it a try if it suits you!

Last edited:
Re: Quicktip: How To Wash Your Car in One Bottle Water.

i think originally idea is good if you do proper dusting with jopasu duster and when in hurry. instead of plain water add little soap oil .
Basically ONR or waterless rinse product do same .
i will get back more when receives my Indian ONR.

I have used this technique although not with a spray bottle but a bucket and a microfibre wash glove.

First I dusted the entire car using the Jopasu duster thoroughly which catches all the loose dust
Second use the glove soaked in water to clean the car
third dry the excess water before it leaves water marks.
Fourth, apply wax once in a month.

I don't use even a bottle of water.

Only a liitle quantity of water (less than 100 ml) - that is dipping a small microfiber cloth in a mug of water, take it out and squeeze the water out completely.

Wipe out the entire car body.

(Before wiping, prepare by dusting off with a soft cotton cloth or better a Jopasu duster)

Doing this every morning for last two years and my car is always clean and no swirls so far.

Note: This is not possible in rainy season.

May be this will work if done daily, after a good power wash at the service station.
But Scratches over the clear coat is guaranteed.

May be this will work if done daily, after a good power wash at the service station.
But Scratches over the clear coat is guaranteed.
Did a power wash last time at a service station was almost seven months ago.

Once in 4 weeks or 6 weeks, does a full water wash with Formula 1 Carnauba wash and wax.

Other than this daily cleaning was with a microfibre cloth as mentioned above using almost negligible quantity of water.

Clear coat is intact and no scratches so far (other than some which was caused by a cleaner who was using plenty of water for daily cleaning. Stopped his services after one month)

Started using Jopasu duster for last one month and there for cleaning with microfibre cloth is only once in 4 or 5 days.

Thread Starter #14

autosafari, try the spray pump bottle method, your method is probably good but sounds like a little more hard work & a bit old school if I may call it [;)].

Infact just realised there are such plastic bottles available in the market and bought one recently for this purpose! click here

We can leave the Colin bottle excercise out [;)]unless you don't have time to go & find the above readymade bottle which costs Rs50 & is usually used for spraying plants in pots and gardens.

The reason for spraying at LEAST half or one bottle over the complete CAR surface is to ensure its completely soaked/wet which will make it much easy to wipe the dirt off rather than just using a wet cloth on a dry car surface!

Also one other interesting fact is that there are many companies which are making or trying to make big money using such waterless cleaning methods & products. I recently ran into this link below check it out. -> India's Largest Waterless Car Wash Products Manufacturer & Distributor

Last edited:

I read the thread's title & I was like [shock].
I would in fact get a bath for the car instead of bathing myself. :tongue:

Top Bottom