Originally Posted by IndicaDLS2002
Quicktip: How to Wash your car in one bottle of water & very little time & effort.
1. Take a new/old filled/empty Colin Clean and Shine bottle.
2. If it is a new/filled colin bottle remove the spray pump cap & put a regular coke/limca/sprite plastic bottle cap onto it which fits exactly to close it shut. Then fill the other empty clean softdrink plastic bottle with clean water and put the spraypump cap on it. (If the colin bottle is empty you can fill that itself with clean water)
3. Spray half of the bottle of water uniformly all over the surface of the car & wipe it clean with a clean soft cloth.
4. Spray 2nd time the remaining water all over the surface of the car & wipe it clean with a NEW/second clean soft cloth. You are basically done.
5. You can use the steps for the inside of the car as well except floor mats which always need more water to wash.
Observations: Saves lot of water, time & effort!
I have tried this before. Also tried another method of Wiping the car with WET MICROFIBER cloth
. Whats my observation is both are good enough to remove those loose dust particles. But still it need finishing wipe to remove all those dirty water stains and they are not at all good enough to remove strains, since it is just the water we should not apply pressure to remove those stains which may results in scratches/swirls.
Later I started using cheap waterless washing solution which made washing really cool.
Materials required are a sprayer(me too using colin sprayer bottle) and microfiber cloth.
Here whats the advantage is just with 500ml of water +10ml washless liquid, I could wash my car nearly 4 times.
and 2-3 times if its too dusty(My car is A-star).
Cleaning the mats are also very easy. To remove loose dust particles I begin with brushing the mats, so waterless washing can be followed for the mats as well.
Try some waterless washing products, you will understand whats the real method of saving water.