Brand New Maruti Swift VDI Scratched

Thread Starter #1
I am new driver(been learning and driving for < 1month, I am 20 yrs old) and I was trying to reverse the Swift VDI when I went too close to the white wall and scratched it a little bit.

This is the damage

im58na.jpg

So how much bill am I looking for my dad right now ? [frustration]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Scratched Brand New Swift VDI

@Goodburner:
Buddy being honest I'd suggest you not to get it repaired now. You are a new driver and hence until you yourself feel that you have learnt it quite well, at least till then you should let the car take a scratch or two(I wish it was the first and last). At the end, get all the scratches(your city traffic will gift a lot of them) repaired in one go using your insurance.
BTW, nothing to be nervous I keep on getting such things with an experience of more than 30 months..yours is just 30 days, so nothing to worry, just enjoy your drive.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i totally agree with vipul. don't do anything for now. go to a local car market and ask them to apply rubbing compound and all the scratches will be gone but not the black scratches because the paint got removed.

The damages are minimal like the other members have said... you may just want to go for the rubbing polishing and have the major paint repairs done some other time

However Is your our Father is aware of this ? And also it depends weather he actually wants you to get it fixed right away

An aftermarket solution to this will cost you somewhere around 3000/-, again since it is a new car you might want to get it done at MASS itself so this option will be ruled out

Based on your urgency and requirement fellow members may be able to give you a rough estimate.

Don't worry GB, Welcome to TAI !!

It is not a big deal at all, just go to Maruti service center and just ask them to do a simple touch up job and within few minutes it will be done with the correct matching paint and it cannot be noticed easily until and unless if you go very close and watch it !! and they do it for free as I got the same thing done for simple scratch of my Ritz[:)]

Do not worry, it is very minimal. I am also new driver and I follow one rule while parking or reverse if there is slightest doubt then stop and look for if there is any obstacle.

If possible get bumper and door scratch guard if parking is very narrow. The front bumper beading could have saved the paint.

Last edited:
goodburner: first of all welcome to TAI friend. As you are a learner and still improving your driving skills you need not to worry as if you will loose your confidence you will not learn to drive well without any hesitation. As said by vipul, I'd suggest you not to get it repaired now. You are a new driver and hence until you yourself feel that you have learnt it quite well, at least till then you should let the car take a scratch or two(I wish it was the first and last). At the end, get all the scratches(your city traffic will gift a lot of them) repaired in one go using your insurance. Get some experience and after that you can change it or repair it. Drive Safe friend.[:D]

I agree with the others here. Don't get it fixed now. Let it be. Since metal parts weren't involved, you don't have to worry about rusting. Rubbing compound will get rid of all the white scratch marks.
And be glad you didn't scratch someone else's car with it. Else you'd probably have to pay for the other car too. Since your just learning, brush up your skills and once you've become a pretty decent driver, then think of fixing up the bumper.
For the moment, leave it. :)

thanks everyone. You guys are just awesome. Looking forward to more driving and more time on this forum [;)]
Hello goodburner,

This is quite comman when learning driving.
As others said do the polishing and painting work later. Now just drive well and become a good driver. See that you don't dash on others car.

Drive safe.

Thread Starter #11
Another question or a doubt. I have been driving a car since Jan 7th 2013 and I completed a 15 day course in some roadside driving class. I did pretty okay and I am able to drive the car around the neighborhood and the main road pretty well but I still have less confidence to take it to the college.

How long does it usually take to become more confident in driving? I drive for 20 mins everyday in main roads as well as the neighborhoods, and I do it pretty okay. I used to stall the vehicle sometimes but quickly start up the engine. But the honks from behind always annoy me. [confused]

SO, basically how long did it take you to be confident to take the car to long distances. 1 month? 6 months? like that [embarass]

buddy its all in the mind. you gain confidence the more you drive. there is no fixed time frame. i had a friend, who started driving the next day the car got home.( i had driven the car to his home the previous evening )don't get annoyed by honks from behind. never let anybody intimidate you. take your own time to get the hand- leg - eye coordination. observe other drivers and try to imbibe their good points. i have been driving for the last 26 years and am still learning.

As mentioned by others, please do not do anything to the bumper.

As far as confidence is concerned, it differs from person to person, I learned very quickly and my wife learnt driving 5 years ago and still not able to drive car properly because she is not so confident.

Another question or a doubt. I have been driving a car since Jan 7th 2013 and I completed a 15 day course in some roadside driving class. I did pretty okay and I am able to drive the car around the neighborhood and the main road pretty well but I still have less confidence to take it to the college.

SO, basically how long did it take you to be confident to take the car to long distances. 1 month? 6 months? like that
Buddy all it takes is just 5 minutes of lone driving to get the confidence for driving 500 kilometers. But yes, for that you need to be ALL ALONE in the car with no one else to guide you.
Just do it once when you and only you will be responsible for every act of yours on road and see how your confidence builds up in a day or two.

GB,firstly welcome on board and congratulations on your new swift vdi.
For your scratches, go to your local guarage and rubbing compound with some polish would definately take this scratch to minimul level, dont do the paint thing as of now, better you get going with your driving as these straches does keeps happening, may be later on you can plan for the paint job.
Taking your confidence its all within so dont get nervous specially hearing all those honks at your back,just be ease and enjoy your drive.Its all about the belief within and you have it already so just relax and enjoy your drive.

Top Bottom