Removing Dents on Car

Thread Starter #1
My car (Ford Fixo EXI -2012) , got an dent on Left hand back side near the danger Lights while taking reverse. When I walked into Ford Body shop, they told like they want to cut the Piece of metal around the dented area and they have to do attachment of new piece of metal by doing welding. Also they said It will cost around 11000 for removing dent as well as painting.

Is there any way to remove the dent without cutting the metal?.

Re: Removing Dents - Ford Figo

Can you post the picture of your car and the dented area, only then we can advise you which way to go, has the metal cut off from the body or its been dented, how deep is the dent and do you see any metal shaving off from those part?

Thread Starter #3

Please find the images of dent in my car. I have posted 4 images. the Dent is below the rear left hand side danger chase light.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hi Vijai, if that panel is not bolted, then yes, it has to be cut for the dent to be removed. Additionally check the panel below the back light from inside to see if you can access the area.
Either way, since your is white in color, I dont think anyone will realize that there was a dent once the repair work has been done. You can look for reputed local garages who can do this at half the cost ASS may quote you.
Hope this helps.

Thread Starter #5

Hi Vijai, if that panel is not bolted, then yes, it has to be cut for the dent to be removed. Additionally check the panel below the back light from inside to see if you can access the area.
Either way, since your is white in color, I don't think anyone will realize that there was a dent once the repair work has been done. You can look for reputed local garages who can do this at half the cost ASS may quote you.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Chayan, but tell me how to access the thing, do i need to remove the danger chase light to access that area? ..

I heard from my friend he says that the dent can be removed by using the magnetic dent remover by pulling the affected area. but I doubted on the paint loss and perfectness on that approach...

The local language over here for such job is single pata job, see if you have those suction types guarage but the area where this has to be worked i doubt suction would do the job properly as sides would leave,go to a local mechanic who repairs denting and painting job and ask for this, with the help of flat metal plate they would get the surface up flat, might loose some paint but not much if single jolt does the work,but u need to get it checked at your local guarage where such works are done.

Thanks Chayan, but tell me how to access the thing, do i need to remove the danger chase light to access that area? ..

I heard from my friend he says that the dent can be removed by using the magnetic dent remover by pulling the affected area. but I doubted on the paint loss and perfectness on that approach...
My experience with magnetic dent removal, scratch pen (as shown on TV) is that they are 40% of what they show. So in reality if you spend money on them, there is a good chance that it would be waste.

I don't have a Figo (yet) so cannot exactly guide you to which panel to remove. However from the dent (as given in the picture), trust me it should not be a a big issue. Even if they cut and repair it you will not be able to find the difference if done professionally.
Since the dent in question is not affecting your daily use of the car, take time and find a good garage and then do the repair. You can opt for insurance but would depend upon what they charge (i.e for repair) and the amount you lose in NCB.

Hope this helps.

Thread Starter #9

Thanks chayan. will look for the good workshop as per your suggestion.

Thread Starter #12

Vijay - I feel this can be done better outside of FASS. Try in GP Road / Pudupettai. You will get some contacts for sure.
Can you refer me some people if you know in GP Road. and also let me know if you have any experiences with them.

@ vijai, by looking at the dent it dose seems to be in a need metal cut for fixing this . I also own FIGO, and I had one accident, not a bad one. But the damage to back door of passenger side was really bad. It was looking like ,if you crush a piece of paper and then just flatten it. My door was looking like that.
If you will compare your damage with mine, your will be very small dent then.

But any I went to the Ford ASS and their car body expert told that, door need to replaced, bidding has be replaced and bla bla. Estimated around 18k for that.

I thought this to be little expensive.I searched for the a good dent repair garage. did some analysis and zeroed on Sai Colorium, Bangalore.They did the same job for 8K and without removing the door from the body. I asked how they did that.

They are using some sort of magnetic force to pull the dent and some other machinery to fix these.
I would suggest to try to find some good dent repair garage. May be cutting metal may not be required.

Can you refer me some people if you know in GP Road. and also let me know if you have any experiences with them.
No Vijay. Never have tried anything in Chennai, rather heard a lot about GP Road being the hub of Auto Accessories in Chennai. Hence, suggested it as you may find some better contacts from there.

Nevertheless, I will try to get something from my friends in Chennai.

Top Bottom