Teflon Coating - Worth It?

Thread Starter #1
Recently I have seen so many car owners are doing teflon coating.What is the benefit of teflon coating? Does it really worth? I heard it will loose with one diesel wash.
Or waxing is enough?

The real purpose of teflon coating is to keep your car very shiny atleast for few years.

You can avoid very minimal scratches which will be made while cleaning dusts or bird poops in the car.

Where as waxing gives temporary solution, teflon gives long time solution.

It has its own disadvantages too. If the car has met with some accident & has an visible dent, then its tough to get the paint finishing to old state.

Recently I have seen so many car owners are doing teflon coating.What is the benefit of teflon coating? Does it really worth? I heard it will loose with one diesel wash.
Or waxing is enough?
OMG!!
What is a diesel wash???

Teflon is a very thin layer of paint applied on your car! Stays long for years & years.

Where as wax is just temporay solution to make your car shine.

Teflon is a very thin layer of paint applied on your car! Stays long for years & years.

Where as wax is just temporay solution to make your car shine.
Did a teflon coat on my second car ... for 3 years it was great ... then the layer started flaking off. Was a horrible sight ... had to get it all rubbed out.

And yes, it is a problem if you have an accident repair, and you need to get some area painted.

Yes, as i already said, Teflon will make you car shine for few years.

Depends on where you park your car. If hot sun almost all days it may not last even 2 years :-)

My advice is, go for teflon if you dont have time to maintain your car.

Else do waxing every 3 months. It takes of your car till the life of your car ends!

Depends on where you park your car. If hot sun almost all days it may not last even 2 years :-)

Else do waxing every 3 months. It takes of your car till the life of your car ends!
Point. My co. did not provide covered parking ... and it had to withstand the hot Delhi sun!!

My teflon coat lasted for 2yrs only (it was done at TASS on my indigo). But i must it really helps to maintain the lustre of the paint for quite a long time even if you dont polish/wax your car

This is correct advise. If you can wax once in 2-3 months (its 1-1.5 hrs. exercise), nothing can be better.
For teflon coating or any paint protection coating, they remove top most layer (micron) of the paint. So it gives some relaxation for 2-3 years but in long run its not useful.

Thread Starter #11
OMG!!
What is a diesel wash???

at service station they are using diesel for washing your car. you can try at your home too.
shower your car properly, after take some water in bucket and mix it with diesel and wipe it, all the dirt will go easily. then again wash your car with fresh water.
but at service station they mix up with diesel and applied through pressurized compressor. this is what i saw from my friends service station and it is a very small station too.

at service station they are using diesel for washing your car. you can try at your home too.
shower your car properly, after take some water in bucket and mix it with diesel and wipe it, all the dirt will go easily. then again wash your car with fresh water.
but at service station they mix up with diesel and applied through pressurized compressor. this is what i saw from my friends service station and it is a very small station too.
Hey, thanks.
I am assuming, since it is a common practice, it is not detrimental to the paint?

Top Bottom