White Smudges on Windshield Glass

Thread Starter #1
hi guys,
My windshield is really bothering me. Careful observation reveals white smudges on the glass and no matter how hard I scrub it with newspaper/cloth/water/colin it just wont come off.Using windshield washer fluid never helps. Driving during daytime is fine but I work in shifts and have to do a lot of early morning and night driving and these smudges severely affect visibility when there is oncoming traffic with headlights on during night/early morning driving. This has affected the rear windshield too and today I accidentally backed into a tree due to fog and awful visibility through the glass causing minor(thank god) damage to the rear bumper on my alto. Is there a windshield cleaning solution I should use or anything else worth trying?

You can try getting glass treatment on your car. This will definitely help you.

Please also confirm from the person doing this if your problem will be resolved.

hi guys,
My windshield is really bothering me. Careful observation reveals white smudges on the glass and no matter how hard I scrub it with newspaper/cloth/water/colin it just wont come off.Using windshield washer fluid never helps. Driving during daytime is fine but I work in shifts and have to do a lot of early morning and night driving and these smudges severely affect visibility when there is oncoming traffic th headlights on during night/early morning driving. This has affected the rear windshield too and today I accidentally backed into a tree due to fog and awful visibility through the glass causing minor(thank god) damage to the rear bumper on my alto. Is there a windshield cleaning solution I should use or anything else worth trying?
Hi bullrun87,First of all you Have not mentioned about the vehicle you have. During which season do you face this problem? Check the AC mode. Try buffing it may help you. It costs around Rs. 1500 for SUV in Chennai. But my best idea will be to brake the windshield by yourself and claim for insurance . It will cost around Rs.250. Changing windshield will last for long time but, buffing will last only for 6 months. Hop for the best.

Hi bullrun87,First of all you Have not mentioned about the vehicle you have. During which season do you face this problem? Check the AC mode. Try buffing it may help you. It costs around Rs. 1500 for SUV in Chennai. But my best idea will be to brake the windshield by yourself and claim for insurance . It will cost around Rs.250. Changing windshield will last for long time but, buffing will last only for 6 months. Hop for the best.
It costs around Rs.2500 to change windshield. I changed in my Scorpio and it took Rs.2500 in Chennai. Check for windshield experts in your area and do.

give your windshield buff and wax treatment which would take out those smudges almost from your glass area, this does work but get it confirmed and have a look at the works done before finalising, as these treatments are fake as well with many accessory shops, they just rub the wax and says its done but it doesnt, you have to buff it first and then wax, else get your windsheild replaced.

Thread Starter #7
Its affecting only some parts of the front and the back windscreens but its only during night driving that this problem comes

Hi, I'm facing the same stuff with my SX4. I tried a few coatings (wax, antiglare etc). None helped and now I'm advised to change the wind shield. Have to look into the pricing and decide on claiming insurance.

There will be a catch here as well. Claiming insurance can also result in lesser gain than the loss with NCB (No-Claim Bonus). Do the homework well.

Enjoy~!

A Tip:Take pure lime or lemon juice(dont mix water) and dip it onto some paper tissues .

Now place the paper tissues onto the glass for some 30 sec & wash & wipe it off with water.

If any industrial or construction contaminants are on the glass it will reduce to alot of extent.
Hope this helps!

A Tip:Take pure lime or lemon juice(dont mix water) and dip it onto some paper tissues .

Now place the paper tissues onto the glass for some 30 sec & wash & wipe it off with water.

If any industrial or construction contaminants are on the glass it will reduce to alot of extent.
Hope this helps!
Ya nice tip. How can I forget it, worked quite well on my friend's car.

Top Bottom