Car Detailing Professionals At Your Place

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Accidently came accross SONAX Car care shop (near Lalbagh). Car detailing was there in my mind since the time I bought my Punto in June 2012. For my previous car (Alto), I had got it done at 3M Car care. Though was happy with the work; felt that costs were on a higher side. So was contemplating the idea of trying out something other than 3M and at the right time bumped into Sonax. Here is the package details that they are offering for a new car -

- Exterior paint protect (they call it nano technology and claim its one of the best in business. Dont know how true!)
- Complete Interior cleaning including upholstery, dash board, glove box, windshield, window glasses etc
- Engine bay area
- Tyres and other rubber parts protection

Appx cost quoted for the above job is @ Rs. 5,000 with 1 year warranty (Punto falls under medium category)

- Under body protection for Punto is @ 1,800 Rs

For further details, here is the website - Car Care India (CCI)

Thought can get views of experts from the forum.

Also it would be helpful if we can list down Car detailing experts at various places apart from 3M. Since almost everyone is aware of 3M, info about other options would turn out usefull for many here [clap]

@Mods, I searched to post this in any of the existing threads. But could not find any suitable one. If you feel that it can be clubbed, please do the needful. Thanks!

Thanks 'carfreak' for initiating this thread.I am also planning detailing for my Punto Dec'12.
I had got DuPont coating done earlier this year but not so impressive.

Thanks 'carfreak' for initiating this thread.I am also planning detailing for my Punto Dec'12.

It had cost me Rs.2600 with a recoat in one year.The finishing was not good as the swirl marks were also not completely removed.
I had got McGuire's coating done on my other Punto which was in 2010 and was good, pictures of my car 2010 are attached(grey)and the 2011 model in maroon.Apart from this I polish my car weekly with Soft99 polish for better shine.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ruchir

Your cars look good !!

If you are not satisfied with Dupont then try with BASF (Glasurit) is a european company and famous for Auto paints !!

What is DuPont coating? Did they apply Teflon coating?

I also wanted to go for the Teflon coating for my Polo. I searched many websites and the older post of this forum. And my conclusion is

1. Most of the vendor DO NOT do the Teflon coating. Instead they will simply apply the wax/polish or some time uses acrylic paint sealant.
2. Since they are using machines/equipment for the process therefore there result are more consistent and visible as compared if you do the waxing/polishing yourself manually.
3. Acrylic paint sealant is more effective than wax and will last longer as compared to the wax. I am still searching the vendor/website from where I can purchase these sealants.

Difference between these products(wax, polish & sealants)
Wax vs Polish - The Difference

DuPont is similar to 3m and this is all car detailing and teflon coating is very rare and expensive.People normally get confused that car detailing should be Teflon.

I also stay in Gurgaon and the best one I know is Divine carz spa , just after the traffic light on the left near Pasco showroom when you come from atul kataria chowk.

It had cost me Rs.2600 with a recoat in one year.The finishing was not good as the swirl marks were also not completely removed.
On your rear glass, it is mentioned Vipul Car Point. Has TSIVipul started any car accessory shop ? [lol]
This is the accessory shop from where I have loaded my car in Gurgaon.

@Ruchir

Your cars look good !!

If you are not satisfied with Dupont then try with BASF (Glasurit) is a european company and famous for Auto paints !!
Thanks for your appreciation.
I will try out your suggestion, do you have any outlet in your mind where I can get this done?

Last edited by a moderator:
STEAM AND SHINE[/url] is it worth it ?[/QUOTE]

I checked the site, looking at the steps what they have written for a kind of detailing sounds worth it. But the actual needs to be checked.

Any of the TAI members tried this out?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i wanted to have gold swirl free pack which cost 3500 rupees for a sedan. my car will complete 1 year in this february.

going up and down 80 kilometers just for this [confused] i don't need any interior pack just because the car is not even a year old.

and that buffing and polishing local mechanics do will remove the swirl marks but i don't know if i should try that. is it a good option to try ?

Last edited:
i wanted to have gold swirl free pack which cost 3500 rupees for a sedan. my car will complete 1 year in this february.

going up and down 80 kilometers just for this [confused] i don't need any interior pack just because the car is not even a year old.

and that buffing and polishing local mechanics do will remove the swirl marks but i don't know if i should try that. is it a good option to try ?
Yes u r right but just incase the outcome is good then ur car will be the only one which gets those appreciations and compliments.

If u just make up it mind an get it done please do share some pictures.

You can try my recommendation, this workstation is really good, he get most of the high end cars and vintage cars in Delhi and ncr for car detailing

Top Bottom