Now You Can Give Your Car a Steam Wash

Thread Starter #1
Your new car, the latest object of pride, is in a mess with dirt and crow droppings. You do not have the time to take it to the nearest service station for a proper wash. Fret not. Help is just a call away and comes in a novel way too.

M. Senthil Kumar, a 30-year-old resident of Iyyappanthangal, has innovated a new method of washing the car that not only gives the vehicle a clean look but is also eco-friendly.

03dcadyr_car_wash_G_672972g.jpg
M. Senthil Kumar inspecting his steam wash equipment;

03dcadyr_car_wash_G_672973g.jpg
a car being cleaned with the new technique.Photos: M. Karunakaran

The procedure involves cleaning the car with steam which, he claims can be done with much less water than the conventional water wash method. While doing so, not a drop of water is spilt on the ground. “Even when we wash the four-wheeler at home with a bucket of water, the area around the car becomes messy. But after a steam wash, you cannot find even a trace of water.”

Mr. Senthil says that steam wash also requires minimal water.

“If the car is in a reasonable good condition, one and a half litres of water is enough to steam wash it. If the vehicle is covered with dust and is very dirty, maybe a can of water (10 litres) will be required.”

He says the procedure is also eco-friendly as he does not use any chemicals, unlike in the conventional wash where soap oil, diesel etc are used.

“First, there is no wastage of water. Since chemicals are not used and the dirty water is not let into the ground, there is no pollution of underground water. Since steam and vacuum is used to clean the inside of the vehicles, dust etc is sucked into the machine and not let out (as is the case with air blower), thereby protecting the environment.” Mr. Senthil claims that steam wash also kills bacteria inside the car.

“Tiny crumbs of food that is spilt inside the car settles in the bottom causing fungus and germs to thrive. This circulates when the AC is switched on. Due to the heat generated by the steam, the bacteria are destroyed.”

Having started this service since January last, Mr. Senthil says the idea to offer this steam wash facility at the doorstep of the customer germinated when he was working as a transport department coordinator with a BPO company.

“Most of the cars there used to be dirty. I thought I should offer something new. I searched the net and found that this kind of service was yet to catch up in the city.”

He got the steam wash equipment assembled in Coimbatore and fitted it to an Omni Van. He offers demos in residential flats and IT company premises where he has built a good clientele.

He offers a package under which a steam wash costs Rs. 350 and polishing/vacuum cleaning costs Rs. 500 for small cars and Rs 650 for big cars.

Videos of Steam Wash done by him​
steam car washing in chennai - YouTube
car strream wash.mov - YouTube

Mr. Senthil Kumar can be reached at 98416 18321.

Saraswathy Srinivasan
Article from The Hindu

Mods : This is not advertisement. For additional Info, this is my Cousin Brother. I am posting it here for the benefits of our TAI Chennai members.

As of now he is not offering door step service. He had setup in Fame national Mall's car parking at virugambakkam, Chennai. Assume some one going for a movie or shopping, using that time he completes his service.

I used to do it once in two months and car looks like new from show room with pleasant smell inside.

If not suitable please remove this.

Thanks for posting that useful information. And good to know that he's your cousin brother. BTW although not a full wash, but there are quite a few people who have started this business.

Revs

Suspended
Thanks for this information, friend.
The price seems very reasonable. I was quoted Rs.330 for normal water wash (of M800) at MASS.
Can someone clarify how not a trace of water is spilled on the ground during the wash? :stupid:

Revs.

Thread Starter #4
It is steam where no water comes out. Equal to a process at saloons and spas after/during facial.

Next time I will try capturing some pics while he is on the process. So that it might give clear picture to you guys.

Thread Starter #5
Domestic Steam Wash

I found this on FB, [This is not advertisement] seems to be good option for keeping our car clean in ECO-Friendly way.

Coimbatore TAIians can get more info and post it here for the use of other TAIians

423995_403873949696299_768764505_n.jpg

Mods : if not appropriate here, please delete it.

350Z

Core Team
Someone dropped a pamphlet of Relic steam car wash. They use Meguiar’s products. It’s located on lower level 2, Select City Walk, Saket (New Delhi).

Relic-Steam-Car-Wash-Delhi-Saket.jpg

Relic-Steam-Car-Wash-India.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

any steam wash available in kochi?
Steam was is just a fancy stuff, might not add any extra value compared to any normal wash. Go for a pressure wash and ask them not to do a diesel wash and use only ph-neutral foam shampoo (many use dish-wash kind of shampoos :-) )

Top Bottom