Query on Zero Depreciation Insurance

Thread Starter #1
Hello All

I have a query on claiming insurance. Please correct me.

My insurance for swift is due for renewal and I am planning for zero dep insurance from ICICI which comes to 7K and basic insurance comes to 5.2K.

I have some dent/scratches in body already and recently I got scratched with a tempo traveler on right rear side. But luckily there is no dent in the rear door, but paint has gone in half of the door.

Coming to my question:
1. will this my recent damage can be claimed under my new zero dep policy without paying anything from my pocket ?
2. can I paint/repair the old damages (small dent/scratch) with re-paint when question 1 is accepted by insurer ?

Guys, could you please clarify my questions. Based on the answers I have to renew my insurance.

Cheers [thumbswink]

Normally when you renew your insurance, the insurance company will send a representative to check your car and they will note all this down. In case they dont do that, then you are lucky.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Raj.

I have moved from Maruthi insurance to Bajaj Alliance and I renew the policy online for couple of times, luckily no one inspected my car.

Could you please clear my doubt on claiming insurance on zero dep ? [confused]

No existing damages if any will not be covered by the new insurer, because some accept the premium, especially ICICI is notorious for accepting payment and then issue you only cover note.

Then only after inspection they issue the policy.

So why don't you continue with Allianz and renew with them, and then claim.

Because they will not check your car.

Zero depreciation policy is something that provides you full insurance coverage, even for rubber parts too.

Though the premium cost may be high than what you have been given, also as the car ages, the IDV comes down, so is the coverage of policy too.

So zero depreciation policy is applicable for cars within 3 years from purchase, some accept high premium as add-on.

But it doesn't serves your purpose if you claim more than 2 times in a year.

Some companies accept zero dep only within purchase of 6 months, my suggestion go with normal policy, until you are a Learner.

Top Bottom