How to Transfer a Car from One State to Another ?

Thread Starter #1
Dear all TAI Members,

This is to request you that kindly provide the answers of the following queries:

1.) Process to transfer vehicle from one state to another?
2.) Is is possible to get back the excess Registration Amount from the new state of vehicle registration? (eg. in Delhi Registraion charges are 12.5% for vehicle over 10L and in Haryana it is just 6%, so in case if i want to transfer the vehicle from Delhi to Haryana, will i be able to get back the excess amount paid in Delhi for registartion of Vehicle and HOW?)

Thanks in advance

1.You will have to obtain a NOC ( no objection certificate)from the RTO where your vehicle is registered.

I think the NOC has a validity period of about 60 days ( am not sure about that).

2. You may also have to pay road tax of the state where you wish to transfer the vehicle.

3. I don't think you will get a refund on registration amount that you have already paid.

1. you need to take NOC then submit NOC with address proof and other detail required by authority
2. Once you have registered your car and paid all road taxes of state you have moved then you can apply for refund in delhi RTO

Hi
i iwill be sending my maruti 800 for use to my brother in Madhya pradesh where he is working. Now the car is delhi registered. Will there be any problem using the car in gwalior

Top Bottom