Originally Posted by Figoian
Since you already have paid the KA Road Tax, no penalties should apply (logically speaking) and likewise, NOC won't be required again (by experience).
Thanks Figoian for giving me confidence, I was doubtful as it was late by more than 2 years & I will end up paying any penalty in thousands so was avoiding to reregister but their was no penalty, Also since NOC already submitted & road tax paid earlier it turned out to be a Cake Walk.
All, Below is my Experience...Hope this helps for others...
Went to RTO @9:55AM place was empty, realized that the RTO is shifted another Half KM further in main road itself.
1) After Parking Outside, went to the out side shop for File & thread as all other documents were ready with me. Shopkeeper gave a brown sheet for Rs 5/- (which my kids use to cover the Notebook), Cannot call it as a File...
2) Entered office (10:15 AM) Put my Vehicle # on the Brown sheet & included all the documents as below.
a) Smart Card with TN # in Plastic pouch.
b) Green envolope (thread based) with Self address & 18/- stamp
c) Form CMV 27(taken from RTO website) filled Two forms, to be included with pencil impression of Chassis #(just in case). Also my PP photo in this form. One will be with New RTO, and other will be sent(by New RTO) to Old RTO for them to delete my TN# from their Rolls.
d) Bangalore smart card copy (with TN#)
e) Bangalore Road Tax Copy
f) Insurance Copy
g) PUC copy
h) Identity copy (I gave my DL)
i) Form 33 (taken from RTO website ) with 1 Photo in it.
j) Address Proof Copy
All Copies needs to be self attested with Date.
3) Second Floor Room#3 (first room in Left when you go up the staircase), Inside First Counter in Right, I was third in Queue, gave my file , On seeing a TN# on File he asked for NOC, I said already submitted earlier when Tax paid, He asked for a NOC copy which I showed him, then checked the Smart card date with Road tax date, went to another senior official(I got worried now if I will get a big penalty) that person said something in Kannada that sounded like "Its OK..he promptly paid road tax when he came to Bangalore"
From a distance the Sr. Officer informed me (Address change Maadi in DL also) I said OK Sir!!(I wonder if this is possible as my DL is from TN). He also said I will have a tough time getting Road Tax refund from TN as NOC is close to 3 years old. (
). NOC copy was not filed but returned back to me. Entry in red pen made, RR 200 - SC 137 - Biometric 63 - Addr change 20, Total 420/-
4) Ground floor Cash counter, only 2 were open second from left & first from right, I was second in Line(second from left counter). Paid the cash with exact change(420-63), got the receipt bill and filed both(original/carbon-copy) into the File, came out stood in line for biometric sticker which was quite long, paid the 63 for one small sticker(no thumb impression or digital photo taken, only applicable for DL) which was put in original bill (from Cash Counter)
5) Went back to 2nd floor same counter who verified the receipt & put his signature(as Superintendent was not available on Saturday) and asked me to give in next counter in Left
6) Madam there asked me to get a serial # written in the original bill from Data entry area in same Room
7) Came back to Madam with serial # & submitted again the file, She patiently went thro all the copies and forms submitted, I had missed mentioning Date in few forms which she filled for me. Also verified the address in Form33 with Address Proof, Asked for my mobile # and filled it in the Envelope. Next prepared a Acknowledgement and gave it to me, said it would take 20-25 days for the SC to be received @ ur address.
Checked my watch, it was 11AM I came down & saw both Cash counter & Biometric Room had a long Queue like waiting for Thirumala Darshan
I feel the process is well stream lined & also I dont see a need for any Agents help in this RTO. I did observed a few issues with other ppl as they had come for paying only Road Tax but the Counter officer was asking for NOC, & sending them back politely(may be they need to approach Agents), few who had a PUC original from their home city (without NOC) he was accepting their File, I think they need the exact date when you came to Bangalore to decide on the depreciation Percentage while calculating Road Tax and hence this problem.
Question: I wonder why they take (137/-)for new SC cost as I have returned the KA SC Card(with TN#) which I think will be reused. Also Biometric sticker says "SC Issue Cost" (63/-) which I believe is for data entry into the new SC Chip/printing.
Now waiting for new SC Card with KA53 #, Fingers Crossed!!
Next to try my luck in getting the refund in TN RTO, on my next visit to chennai, those officers are real short tempered saying this is not there, wrong info, take help from Agents. I got my NOC there with help of a agent for filing (gave him 300 for consultation/forms) but I had to run up & down to various counters, Agent was asking for 1500(this was in 2011) for taking care of everything .