How to Get Insurance Claim Details of Used Car?

Thread Starter #1
I am planning to buy and used car and I want to know how can I obtain the insurance claim detail. Also I was wondering what can be done if the owner has changed the insurance company after making claim with the old insurance company.

Also how to proceed to get the service details.

350Z

Core Team
Re: How to get insurance claim details of an used car

The insurance firm should be able to provide the details about the insurance claims for a particular car. Likewise, You can also find out the servicing / repair details from the service centre where the car was serviced in the past. To stay on the safer side, I would recommend considering a car that has a complete and genuine service history record available, maintained by the owner. Otherwise, look out for Pre-owned cars with authorized sellers. (Preferably from the manufacturer outlet itself like Maruti TrueValue, Honda Auto Terrace, Tata Motors Assured etc). Here's a related link on inspecting a used car: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thanks, But how should I approach the insurance company ? What are the formalities, I want to get details of a swift from Oriental insurance company.

If you know the insurance company name then give them car number they will tell you the details.

Its oriental insurance company, do I have to visit their office, or just call them ?
Yes first try to call on helpline number and if it doesn't work then go personally to nearest office.Request them 'politely' to give information and be ready to wait for some time.

Thread Starter #9
In that case, congratulations for clearing the first hurdle [cheers]. Now when are you planning to take the delivery and how did you select this "Swift".
This swift attracted me at the first sight, was also in my budget and the exact model (VXI) that I wanted. The next step is to get the service history and then I will be there with the cheque book in my shirt pocket. Let's see how it goes.

This swift attracted me at the first sight, was also in my budget and the exact model (VXI) that I wanted. The next step is to get the service history and then I will be there with the cheque book in my shirt pocket. Let's see how it goes.

Before buying the Swift, get it checked by an experience car mechanic. Things you need to have on your list are:
1. Clean exterior or not
2. Under the bonnet work
3. Car Battery
4. Value of the car in the 2nd hand car market
5. Number of previous users

Test Drive the car more than once if necessary. Only and if only your car mechanic gives you a clear signal, buy the car. If need be, get 2nd/3rd opinion before writing a check.

Reliable auto servicing companies like Carnation Auto India Ltd verify used car. You can call them up as well. They have service centers all over the country.

Best of Luck and happy driving! [:)]

Top Bottom