Best Way To Transport a Santro From Delhi To Mumbai

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends,

I have a MH registration santro which I used in Delhi/UP for 6 years. Now I want to transfer it to Mumbai for selling it off there. Please advice best way to transport from Delhi to Mumbai.

I called quotations from few transporters and found them pretty high - in range of INR 11-14 K.
Any inputs will be helpful.

thanks,
Nitin Mittal

Dear Friends,

I have a MH registration santro which I used in Delhi/UP for 6 years. Now I want to transfer it to Mumbai for selling it off there. Please advice best way to transport from Delhi to Mumbai.

I called quotations from few transporters and found them pretty high - in range of INR 11-14 K.

thanks,
Nitin Mittal
If possible drive it down, around 1450 km with one night halt + tolls would cost less than that.

Dear Friends,

thanks,
Nitin Mittal
If you drive to Mumbai, the "Fuel Bill + Toll charges + Night Stay charges + Food charges + Return Journey Ticket" may cost you about Rs 8,000/- to 10,000/- . To this ADD the cost of one or two days leave. From THIS perspective, the quoted amount looks very very reasonable to me.

Use the services of a REPUTED 'Packers and Movers' ; They will pick up at the "From Address" and deliver at the "To Address" without a scratch on the Car. That guarantee may not be available ALL THE TIME from lowest bidders.

If you enjoy driving, then it is another matter. Just drive to Mumbai.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Agreeing with comments above, It will be better if you drive it down yourself. Or if you can appoint a paid driver (if you know person well) to drive it down for you.

11k Seems reasonable, Assuming they are going to bring it using a flatbed or container and there will be no wear and tear on the vehicle itself.

BTW, Is this due to those delhi bans?

...11k Seems reasonable, Assuming they are going to bring it using a flatbed or container and ...
Mostly the Cars are transported in those "car-carrying closed container trucks" used for shipping Cars to Dealers. I would feel like :eek: if Flatbed Trailer is used for such a long distance.

:offtopic:--- In 2005, my Matiz came from Delhi to B'lore in such a container truck royally and I paid Rs 6K or 7K, then. In Delhi, I had kept Rs 50/- in the Car's Cup Holder (for the driver's Tea expenses); a week later, that currency note was still there inside the Cup Holder in B'lore ... the Drivers were THAT Honest [clap]

bhvm

Honoured Member
I certainly won't be comfortable if vehicle is being towed using a strap or some front metal support attachment. Thats ok for recovery/Short distance only.

He would have to fly or go by train to Delhi if he wants to drive it by himself if he is already at Mumbai. So then he would have additional cost.

If it was me, If I could find a weekend to do this, I would probably drive.

The charge seems very reasonable to me for ~1400 kms. I have heard horror stories about movers & packers transporting cars though. It will be cheaper only if you drive yourself. But to many not used to driving such long distances , it could be exhausting. Hiring a known driver could be the most convenient option for your car albeit more expensive. When I shifted my Celerio from Kolkata to Raipur last year (around 1000 kms) it cost me Rs 18k (I was in a rush and did'nt bargain) for driver+fuel+tolls+driver return costs. And the best part is it reached safe and sound within 24 hrs.

Last edited:
My uncle drove his Maruti 800 from Guwahati to Kochi in 2000 as he was shifting due to a job transfer. He didn't trust the railways enough to ship it that way.

He did develop back pain issues after few years. Not sure if this triggered it though.

Top Bottom