Ford Ecosport Insurance Query

Thread Starter #1
Asking my Insurance Query here as the designated thread is Inactive and no one posts there.

My car is due for insurance by 21st of this month. I had got the car insured via dealer last year from New India Assurance. I have already made 2 Claims - No NCB.

Ex showroom - 9,11,486
Last year IDV (95%) - 8,65,912
Expected Current IDV (80%) - ₹7,29,188

Covers preference -
Zero Dep - Compulsory
Return to Invoice - Compulsory (Car is parked on Road)
Roadside assistance - Compulsory
Consumables - Like to have

The quote I have received from local Ford dealer includes Nil Dep but doesn't include Return to Invoice cover, Roadside Assistance which I want to avail. I was informed that under the tie-up Ford has with New India, they don't offer Return to Invoice at all.

IDV - 7,69,189 (+40,000 than expected)
Premium - 24,545
Comm. Discounts - 14,787
Nil Dep - 4,231
3rd Party - 2,863
PA Owner - 100
Paid Driver - 50
GST - 3,071

Total - ₹20,133

Then, I tried renewing via their portal. I could add Nil Dep, Return to Invoice, and a Road Tax cover on portal but NO Roadside Assistance, Consumables cover.

IDV - 7,49,542 (+20,000 more than expected)
Basic OD Premium - 11,958
Enhancement Cover (0 Dep) - 3,747
Return to Invoice cover - 3,248
Road Tax cover (₹67,000) - 1,118
3rd Party - 2,863
PA Owner - 100
GST - 3,787

Total - ₹24,825

Issue with portal is that it is adding the Road Tax amount to the IDV, hence making the final IDV as ₹8,16,542 (7,49,542 + 67,000)

Yesterday, when I was at Ford dealer, I heard the SA tell another informed customer that they offer CASHLESS Transaction only for the policy purchased via them. Cashless facility CANNOT be availed for policy bought online from New India, with whom they have tie-up. This is a bummer IMO. I don't mind buying policy from dealer especially when their quote is rather competitive but I don't want to lose out on RTI cover.

If the dealer doesn't cooperate with Cashless facility and I go for online route, how much difficult is it to make claims?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If they have a tie up with the company , no matter where you buy it from you can avail cashless facility.
There's no issue as such even if a company doesn't have cashless facility. You have to pay the entire bill amount , take your car and the insurance company will transfer the amount in your bank account after few days.

Thread Starter #3
If they have a tie up with the company , no matter where you buy it from you can avail cashless facility.
I conveyed the same to SA at that moment, but he replied in negative.

There's no issue as such even if a company doesn't have cashless facility. You have to pay the entire bill amount , take your car and the insurance company will transfer the amount in your bank account after few days.
Does the insurance company send the surveyor to inspect the damage and clarify how much they'll be paying before the job starts in this situation? Or they decide the amount they will pay after the whole job is done and bills are produced to them?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
don't listen to the sa.

advisor approves what all parts needs to be changed. company will replace only those items and bill you accordingly. after that the insurance will deduct only the claim filing charges and send the money to your account.

Thread Starter #5
don't listen to the sa.

advisor approves what all parts needs to be changed. company will replace only those items and bill you accordingly. after that the insurance will deduct only the claim filing charges and send the money to your account.
Thank you for your advice. What to do regarding Road Tax Cover? As it is inflating the IDV. Should I not avail it?

Previous IDV - 8,65,912

Quote w/o Road Tax cover -
IDV - 7,29,188
Premium - 23,175

Quote with Road Tax cover -
IDV - 7,96,188
Premium - 24,363

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I always go for zero dep + consumables and engine and gearbox cover. Road tax cover is benfecial only in total loss. It depends on you if you want to take it or not.

Thread Starter #7
I always go for zero dep + consumables and engine and gearbox cover. Road tax cover is benfecial only in total loss. It depends on you if you want to take it or not.
My reason for asking this query was does the inflated IDV harm in any way? If not, I will happily get Road tax cover too. If yes, I won't.

I already have Zero Dep and Return to Invoice covers included in my quote. I don't have option for Gearbox and Consumables cover under New India and not opting for Engine cover as I don't think I need that considering my vehicle.

Top Bottom