Does Insurance Get Void If Anti-Rust Done To Inside of Door in Car?

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,
I am new to the forum, though have been a daily visitor to the forum for threads reading and information gathering [:)].

I have the following query:
Does Insurance get void if anti rust treatment is done to the insides of car door (after opening the door panels)?
I am asking this because, the 3M guy told me it gets void and so they dont do this kind of antirust, whereas the Dinitrol guy does this treatment.
IMO, antirust should be done to the insides of the door panels since water goes inside the door through rubber beading of the glass panes and accumulates at the bottom of doors, if dust is blocking the small outlets.

Appreciate the advice in advance!

Re: Does Insurance Get Void if Anti-Rust Done To Insides of Door in Car?

Hello friends,
I am new to the forum, though have been a daily visitor to the forum for threads reading and information gathering [:)].

I have the following query:
Does Insurance get void if anti rust treatment is done to the insides of car door (after opening the door panels)?
I am asking this because, the 3M guy told me it gets void and so they dont do this kind of antirust, whereas the Dinitrol guy does this treatment.
IMO, antirust should be done to the insides of the door panels since water goes inside the door through rubber beading of the glass panes and accumulates at the bottom of doors, if dust is blocking the small outlets.

Appreciate the advice in advance!
Young man, 3M people are taking you for a ride. Insurance has nothing to do with anti rust coating.

Just read the Thread - Under body Anti rust coating - queries = page no 7, where I had given details and photos about doing proper task. In fact read the entire thread of total 8 pages to get full knowledge.

If you have time and catch hold of a good Auto washing place having ramp facility, spray gun etc, you can do wonderful task. Since you live in Mumbai, you can find the right place. Also TufKote office is located in Mumbai.

Share your experience in the forum, so others also will be benefited.

Good luck to you.

Thread Starter #3

Young man, 3M people are taking you for a ride. Insurance has nothing to do with anti rust coating.

Just read the Thread - Under body Anti rust coating - queries = page no 7, where I had given details and photos about doing proper task. In fact read the entire thread of total 8 pages to get full knowledge.

If you have time and catch hold of a good Auto washing place having ramp facility, spray gun etc, you can do wonderful task. Since you live in Mumbai, you can find the right place. Also TufKote office is located in Mumbai.

Share your experience in the forum, so others also will be benefited.

Good luck to you.
Thanks Mr Shenoy for clearing my doubt, actually was confused with warranty, its not the insurance (my mistake), but Hyundai warranty. Could you please advice on this. Is the Hyundai Warranty void?

And yes Dinitrol is in Mumbai, Goregaon, had got my last car anti rust done by them.

Many thanks for the advice, appreciate!

Thanks Mr Shenoy for clearing my doubt, actually was confused with warranty, its not the insurance (my mistake), but Hyundai warranty. Could you please advice on this. Is the Hyundai Warranty void?

And yes Dinitrol is in Mumbai, Goregaon, had got my last car anti rust done by them.

Many thanks for the advice, appreciate!
I don't think the Hyundai Warranty has anything to do with the protection of your car from rusting. In fact, you are taking care of the care for you.

In my car even after 19 yrs there was no rusting at all at the door panels, you can see those photos posted by me. Only little dust which was accumulated was flushed with water spray and I did not do any coating at door panels. However you have to maintain those plastic sheets which won't allow water to get in to the cabin. However in the recent DIY of some rust spots, I did clean a small rust spot at the bottom of the door panel ( where water comes out from the door panels) and applied a bit of paint as protection. You can see my thread - DIY - painting of minor rusting point in my M-800 DX 1998.

kkn13

Suspended

Ask Hyundai on twitter or something , best way to determine
as far as I know, it shouldnt void warranty
Ill ask my SA and post here again though

Top Bottom