Sold My Car To Cars24: Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I sold car to Car24 lets say.

Now I am concerned

1. They have only given a delivery challan that they have bought the car

2. Can they claim Insurance on my name while they take time to find a new buyer?
This means I loose NCB for new car?

3. They took a copy of PAN, Adhaar etc signed by me. Can they use it to claim from insurance company on my name.

Please guide.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Car Sold to Car24

ANy one? Car24 is saying they can make claim on my behalf. What crap and I have to pay them money in case I received any from insurance.

What is this non-sense. I just read T&C while verbally they said something else.

Better to contact your insurance company and inform them. Since you have give them a signed document, they can claim.

ANy one? Car24 is saying they can make claim on my behalf. What crap and I have to pay them money in case I received any from insurance.

What is this non-sense. I just read T&C while verbally they said something else.
From what you said, the car is still registered in your name and obviously so is the insurance. They can't initiate any claim without your authority (unless you have given them authorization letter). The insurance company too will deal only with you. It has no obligation to deal with car24.
The problem is that the car is still not technically sold - the ownership hasn't been transferred, so if the car has met with an accident, Car24 can legally wash it's hands off the matter. You will have to take care of the insurance.[frustration] .
If car 24 wants the insurance money, ask them to transfer the ownership to their name after paying you for the car, or let them pay the difference between buying price of car minus insurance amount.
My advise is - If the damage is not heavy, just sell the car to some other buyer after repairing the car. A challan is not a legal document of transfer of car ownership.

I would say transfer the ownership but do not give them the insurance papers. If they ask for that, ask your insurance company if it has the provision for the same or not.

Top Bottom