Driving New Car From Surat To Mumbai With Temporary Registration?

Thread Starter #1
Hi,friends i have one query i have purchased new maruti swift in surat in 1st week of june but due to software update issue of surat rto i have not recieved my car permanent registration number and HSRP and now i have to travel to mumbai bhandup west so please guide me is it legal to drive with temporary registration certificate,delivery order of my car and insurance certificate of my car,all this documents are in my name and i will be present in car throughout the journey.Here point to be noted is that my sale invoice of car is still pending as the road tax is already paid but the reciept of road tax paid is not recievd by dealer so he has kept sale invoice pending to give me this is what i have been informed by dealer so can i travel in my car from Surat,Gujarat to Mumbai,Maharastra in the above mentioned situation please reply as soon as possible as i have to travel witin 2 days only

Thread Starter #2
Driving in other state without RC card

Hi,i purchaseed swift vxi(O) last month i got hsrp fitted to my car now dealer says 65-90 days wait for RC card so till than is there any provision for driving car in other state what papers i can show to police if they demand RC card on the go any advice will be great help
thanks.

Re: Driving in other state without RC card

Hi,i purchaseed swift vxi(O) last month i got hsrp fitted to my car now dealer says 65-90 days wait for RC card so till than is there any provision for driving car in other state what papers i can show to police if they demand RC card on the go any advice will be great help
thanks.
Insurance, Registration/Tax payment receipt, PUC and if possible the Invoice. You should be sorted. 2-3 months for receiving the RC is standard across the entire country, so it should not be a problem.

And congrats on the new car [clap]

Top Bottom