with exchange bonus 40k
fame 13k
consumer offer 20k
corporate bonus 10k
dealer discount 15k
insurance match deduction 8 k
old car value 28k

we generated the invoice
on wife name as she is working in corporate company .
Now due to some reason i wanted to change the invoice on my name
which dealer refuse saying deal was in last year and if we want to do it i have bear 22.5k as 10k i am not in corporate company and 10k as consumer offer was reduce from 20k to 10k this month and 2.5 k as cancellation charges.
my question is just to change the invoice details do it required so many things?
i wrote a mail to maruti keeping dealer in to cc
and dealer was very angry on me?

Please advise .

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Urgent Help

Ask your dealer to write the new Deal in writing and he should specifically mention 2.5k charges In that deal.
Go to another showroom and ask them for the same deal you were getting from the first dealer and if you are successful you can just pay the 2.5k charges to the first dealer. Simple as that. Dont mention that you will be going to another dealer unless you get the cancellation charges in writing.

So what if he's getting angry. Do you owe him money ? Make him realise it's a buyer's market and not a seller's.
You should be getting a 2016 model so every dealer will give you discount to discard the old stock.
Keep us updated.

Last edited:

IF reason is not genuine then, why not to go with the offer. Plus you are going to pay huge price difference just for the name change.

Ideally they shouldn't charge you for the change is name, only for invoice. If the document hasn't been proceeded for RTO. Its just kind of name correction in the software. I believe the ERP system MS is using should allow name change.

Last edited:

The truth is, they had already invoiced the car in your name. Changing of name may be difficult now and it will be a black mark for the dealer.

Nairrk

Honoured Member

Since you have written to Maruti, suggest wait for their reply (probably, they may give you a positive reply).

Consumer offer and Corporate bonus are the one declared by Maruti but believe others are from the dealer and it may change dealer to dealer?

If the dealer already Invoiced then the changes has to be made with the knowledge of Maruti Udyog becuase, I believe everything is recorded with Maruti now-a-days (When I booked my K10, initially I opted for Silver colour and then whilst making full payment I switched to Granite Grey which the dealer agreed but told me that they need to submit a written request to Maruti for the colour change. This was happened even before Invoicing which means even when we pay a small amount as booking advance, it is recorded with Maruti and all changes has also to be notified to them!)

Thread Starter #6

yesterday as soon as i drop a mail they called me and try to understand my reason behind change of name and they told back end changes are not possible with husband and wife and would have possible only with blood relation or same surname ,They are saying they have sold my old car ,i said if i cancel my booking i would opted for new dealer, they said that is not possible and dealer was very angry as i have kept maruti into cc in my mail.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
If they have sold your car then ask for the transfer receipt(delivery receipt) Call them now and tell them you are coming there to collect the receipt.

Dude why are yout getting so afraid of the dealer. BTW which car have you sold?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
How many kms run ? And did you get a quote from outside dealers ? Was it scrap ? Because 28k must be the scrap value of the car. Maruti 800 goes for15-20k as scrap.

Thread Starter #10
the exchange bonus was 40k so effective it was 68k.
it was 120k kilometer with a cng fitted.all dealer was giving roughly 70k only.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What have you done. [surprise]
You have our site why didn't you tell us all this before making a booking.

You should be getting 110000rs from the dealer and not just 68000rs.
70000rs market value plus 40k exchange bonus.
Nort 28000rs market value plus 40k exchange bonus.

I had a feeling as to why he's hell bent not to change the name.
Now do as we say and save 40k or be afraid of the dealer (for no reason whatsoever)

Go to the dealer and tell him to show you the delivery receipt. You are losing 40k on this deal that should be enough motivation for you to get your car or the delivery receipt.

@mabhi10, what @allhyundaicars is saying true. It seems your car was taken for scrap value.
My parent's 1999 Maruti 800 fetched 45K in july 2016.

Please check with your dealer whether your car has been sold or not. If they have sold it, ask for receipt and a copy of form 29.

If you post some pictures of your old car and service history, we may be able help you in assessing its value.

PS: Don't consider effective value. You don't know how much dealer profitizes from your old car. What ever dealer tells you, please ask it in writing.

Last edited:

Top Bottom