Driving Licence Lost: Now What?

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends

I have lost my original driving licence yesterday. The last time I remember seeing the licence was yesterday afternoon when it was present in my wallet. Today I realised that I have lost the wallet, and the only important thing in it other than cash was the original driving licence.

After a quick online search, I came to know that the issuing RTO will give me a duplicate licence after filling some LLD form, providing some documents and giving the required fees. Will the issued licence contain some "Duplicate" marking on it? Will it cause a problem when driving in other states? Will a duplicate licence be still considered as a valid ID proof? Do I need to file an FIR for the lost document? If the process is time consuming, should I opt for a new licence. I have a photocopy of my original DL, if it helps.

If anyone has gone through the process earlier, or has any knowledge, please guide. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alpha

Hello friends

I have lost my original driving licence yesterday. The last time I remember seeing the licence was yesterday afternoon when it was present in my wallet. Today I realised that I have lost the wallet, and the only important thing in it other than cash was the original driving licence.

After a quick online search, I came to know that the issuing RTO will give me a duplicate licence after filling some LLD form, providing some documents and giving the required fees. Will the issued licence contain some "Duplicate" marking on it? Will it cause a problem when driving in other states? Will a duplicate licence be still considered as a valid ID proof? Do I need to file an FIR for the lost document? If the process is time consuming, should I opt for a new licence. I have a photocopy of my original DL, if it helps.

If anyone has gone through the process earlier, or has any knowledge, please guide. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alpha
I have lost my DL before. This is what is followed.

1. Filed an FIR to the nearest PS
2. Took the copy and attached it to a duplicate issuance form(dont know the form #)
3. After 15 days got the duplicate license. The new license is endorsed with a "DUPLICATE" stamp.

Thread Starter #4
UPDATE

Some kind soul found my wallet, took the cash, dropped the DL near the address mentioned on it. Today morning I found the licence kept above the Baleno's wiper as it was parked facing the road right in front of our main gate. I guess someone checked the address on the licence and thought of returning it without disclosing his identity or having to part with the money. Still it prevented the hassles of getting a new or duplicate licence and I am happy. [:)]

Thanks for the help anyway.

Regards,
Alpha

UPDATE

Some kind soul found my wallet, took the cash, dropped the DL near the address mentioned on it. Today morning I found the licence kept above the Baleno's wiper as it was parked facing the road right in front of our main gate. I guess someone checked the address on the licence and thought of returning it without disclosing his identity or having to part with the money. Still it prevented the hassles of getting a new or duplicate licence and I am happy. [:)]

Thanks for the help anyway.

Regards,
Alpha
Congrats. Yes documents are more important than cash.

Top Bottom