Wrong Registration Year in RC Book

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a used two wheeler in June-2016. But in the new RC book i found that REG.Year is mentioned wrongly.

New RC book
REG.DATE : 16-2-2016
REG/FC UPTO : 15-2-2031

Old RC Book
REG.DATE : 16-2-2015
REG UPTO : 15-2-2030

Last month I have transferred the insurance ownership to my name. I have explained these details to my insurance company but they haven't responded clearly and agreed to change the owner ship.
Will there be any problem for me in future ? ( for any insurance claim )
Please someone clarify.

NOTE: Except REG.YEAR all other details like engine no, mfg.year, chasis no all are correct

Life went up by a year. [clap]. If all papers are in order then in my opinion there should not be any problem. Current RC / Insurance / Pollution / Tax & your DL should be valid at the time of claim

Hi,

I bought a used two wheeler in June-2016. But in the new RC book i found that REG.Year is mentioned wrongly.
You can check what has been logged into the parivahan data base.

https://parivahan.gov.in/rcdlstatus/?pur_cd=102
Enter your vehicle number to look for details.
If this shows the right numbers then you can take this as reference and show it to rto office. You will be asked to apply for reissue of a RC book. Costs Rs30/- in MH, don't know much it costs you there.
Else you need to prove the same with the purchase bill of the vehicle.
If not, just relax and feel happy. You have 1 year bonus age for your bike. [clap]

Life went up by a year. [clap]. If all papers are in order then in my opinion there should not be any problem. Current RC / Insurance / Pollution / Tax & your DL should be valid at the time of claim
But insurance papers would have the correct date of purchase, which would not match with RC at the time of claim and make the insurance invalid. Otherwise the cops may create trouble during checks if the dates do not match. If insurance from next year is done with new date, it may not match with service center or RTO records.

It is trouble some, better for the OP to get the correction made.

Regards,
Alpha

Top Bottom