Wrong Chassis Number in Form 20

Thread Starter #1
Kht motors typed my spelling wrong in form 20. The system didn't allow them to correct it with same chassis number then they added 0 in front of chassis number and corrected my name. They claim right one will come in rc and life time tax challan.
Shall I sign in the form 20 with chassis number 0MAT... ie 0 then correct chassis number?
They showed correct info in form 21 though.

They say that with the same chassis number, name cannot be corrected in RTO website which generates form 20.
If I want correct one, then I have to opt for other car (same model) and that would again put me in waiting. I asked them for sometime and informed that I am not in a hurry.

Dealer is ready to mail that we are changing chasis number from XYZ to 0XYZ in order to correct spelling.

Thread Starter #2
On top of it I have already paid for insurance for the old chassis number [frustration]
as I was going for my own insurance.

Now why shall I suffer for their mistake. [frustration]

If they can make sure that the chassis number will be right on the RC, then go for it.

Coming to insurance, take the policy from them and it will be their headache to take care that none of your claims get stopped. No worries, these are small issues to be very true which are projected as BIG ones.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Vipul. Yeah I had no option so had to sign on form 20. They showed form 21 sale certificate with correct data.
Next Wednesday my car should come so will check the tax challan if it has correct info. RC will come 15 days after that. Looks like they would correct in RC.
Now only concern is suppose while selling or transferring to other state will it create a problem since Im not sure what rto records will have?

Keep patience and wait for the RC to arrive, in case there is some discrepancy in the RTO records, they can be corrected and dealership will take care of that, you just need to make sure to press on the dealership guys to get that corrected.

Top Bottom