How To Check if Car is Transferred To New Owner?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends, I sold my Laura few months back, and its insurance is about to expire, I want to make sure the car is transferred to the new owner, the owner tells me he has received the new RC in his name, but the Vahan website shows the vehicle is still in my name though it also shows the last time the page was updated was in November 2015, so its possible that they are yet to update the page. I was wondering if there is any way to confirm the transfer of the vehicle from the RTO office itself, my car was registered in Raja Garden RTO, New Delhi, I have tried calling their number a 100 times but no one picks up. Any help would be very appreciated.
Regards

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Re: How to check if the Car is transferred to new owner?

Suggest, request the new owner to give you a copy of the RC (you may tell some reason..)

Thread Starter #4
@prabhagar brilliant, did not know about that website at all, google did not show it in my search, trying Vahan website was useless, parivahan shows the car is transferred, thats a relief. thanks again mate.

Hi friends, I sold my Laura few months back, and its insurance is about to expire, I want to make sure the car is transferred to the new owner, the owner tells me he has received the new RC in his name, but the Vahan website shows the vehicle is still in my name though it also shows the last time the page was updated was in November 2015, so its possible that they are yet to update the page. I was wondering if there is any way to confirm the transfer of the vehicle from the RTO office itself, my car was registered in Raja Garden RTO, New Delhi, I have tried calling their number a 100 times but no one picks up. Any help would be very appreciated.
Regards
Write an SMS message:

VAHAN Vehicle number (Without space)
Send to 7738299899

Example:
VAHAN DL7CSXXXX
To: 7738299899

Within 5-10 or maybe 15 minutes you will get an SMS message with the info. i just checked for a car bought 2 months back, it was accurate.

Edit: My bad, haven't checked. Thanks a lot Prabhagar for timely help.

I sold my M800 on the 3rd, did not hand over the key and insurance, before I got the copy of changed RC, plus I got a notarized paper signed by the buyer.
I did all this, as the buyer was not known to me.
If nothing works, go to the RTO and get all info.
Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom