Critical Issue: Need Help For RTO Name Transfer

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,

Here is an critical issue I’m into, that’s why need few advice and information if anyone can help.

Recently I brought an superbike which has three owners and I’m the last. The bike was registered at Kolkata (Beltala) and then someone brought who is from Bhubaneswar, he took the bike there and to transfer into his name he took NOC from Kolkata (Beltala) and submit it into Bhubaneswar RTO which transferred the RTO but later he decide to sell it so he didn’t transferred into his name.

Now I’m from Kolkata and I was specifically looking for a WB reg bike and that’s why I took it. And I’ve to change in my name from Kolkata RTO. At the time of buying I had no idea and just asked the seller that he should cancel the Bhubaneswar RTO or take the NOC from there for me and I will change into my name from here.

Now when I’ve to change it into my name 1st I need the NOC from Bhubaneswar RTO to change it back to Kolkata RTO after that I can change it into my name. Now the 2nd owner from Bhubaneswar said he made it from Bhubaneswar RTO through a broker but the broker didn’t gave him any paper or NOC but he said it was done. I know NOC is a paper which I’ve to submit into my RTO. Later the 2nd owner said it may send to the 1st owner by post. But what I knew it has to be taken/withdrawn from the RTO itself.

Now when I’m checking at vahan.nic.in with the reg number it showing “Vehicle No XYZ taken NOC from BHUBANESWAR , ODISHA” but no one has it".

# My question is what is the meaning of this: Vehicle No XYZ taken NOC from BHUBANESWAR , ODISHA? Does this mean this is the same NOC I’m talking about or anything else or it means it has reregistered at BHUBANESWAR , ODISHA.

# I know to get the NOC the 2nd owner need signed form 28 to get it and I heard the 1st owner have to pickup it from RTO but neither he has the signed form 28 copy nor the 1st owner pickup it from there. I called them and asked this before to check.

# I want to know does it really send to the 1st owner by post? Then I will check with him.

# If its really issued from BHUBANESWAR , ODISHA then is there any way to get a copy from the BHUBANESWAR RTO or Online? I found this site but nothing working there. https://parivahan.gov.in/vahanservice/vahan/ui/eapplication/form_eApplicatonHome.xhtml

# And if really someone get the NOC and lost it, can I again take the NOC from BHUBANESWAR , ODISHA?

# If any other advice that would be helpful. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
In Kolkata situation is rather messy. Even for transfer between Beltala to Alipur to Kasba to saltlake all need NOC of former RTO. I recently got my number changed from Raipur CG to Kolkata. After paying life time tax the wait was 11 months. Understand they check pan India for any criminal record for the vehicle in this period. It took almost 15 months now for me. Just got a WB06N no recenly for a 2012 Swift

Suggest get good RTO agents. You should get duplicate of NOC from BBSR RTO

Thread Starter #4
Suggest get good RTO agents. You should get duplicate of NOC from BBSR RTO
Hi mr Dutta, thanks for your feedback and sharing your experience. Yes its a bit messy job. At the end I got frustrated and thought to leave it as it is. As I dont ride in proper city in kolkata like saltlake, shyambazar and mostly rides in highways so I dont think it will create any issue also I got a NOC from the 1st owner, NOC means he has given rights to me to ride the vehicle.

Beside this I will try to get the NOC from BBSR if I get good agent. Basically I've good contacts in BBSR but I thought many people rides like this for many years and they didnt get any issues, so I thought so.

Thanks

Top Bottom