Buying a Used Matiz. Problem With Documents. Help.

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,Hope you guys are doing awesome

I was searching for a good Used Matiz (Yes,A Daewoo Matiz,Please,Someone don't come in between and tell me to get an Alto/Zen or any of those cars) in my place and there was ONE,Which was decent in the exterior.It is a 2002 Model with Power Steering (SE,I think,Not the SE+).The Owner is asking 30K for it,Went with my trusted Mech and saw,Mech drove it.The car is in a great shape actually,Engine,Gearbox and suspension is smooth,No rust/rattles or vibrations anywhere.Has a small dent in the back which can be fixed like a piece of cake.Which is great because the other one is a complete rust bucket.And the amount of this car seen on roads are dwindling like dying stars.So All fine mechanically,The Price is right,Spares are still available,What's wrong with the car ? Let's go for it !

Out of nowhere,The problem begins

1) The Owner bought this TN Reg Car from Banglore around a Year ago
2) The Previous Owner gave him the original RC Book,All those papers
3) This Owner lost the RC Book but preserved the Xerox one
4) Big Problem is,This Owner didn't change the name in the RC Book [frustration]
5) I asked this owner about any info about the Previous Owner,He said he has deleted the contact from his number [frustration] So no way to contact or find the previous Owner
6) This Car needs to renew Insurance AND FC.As it is 15 Years Old now,We have to pay all those damn Taxes again

Here are my questions

1) I've heard that if one has the Xerox Copy of the RC Book,We can go to the Nearest RTO and ask them to make a Brand New RC Book.But I also heard that because the original RC Book is lost,It needs the (Previous) Owner of the Car (As per identified in the RC Book Copy),Now because this is royally screwed as we have no details or contact with the Previous Owner,Is there any way to do this legally ?

2) The FC has not been done,There is no possible way to do it without RC Book.
3) The Insurance also Barred on September this year
4) The Car is 15 Years Old and will need Re-Registration

How much will this cost me ? Thank you guys,Prompt help will be very much appreciated :)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Quite a Problem with Papers,I need help

Hello everyone,Hope you guys are doing awesome
Welcome again to T.A.I Bharat.

I was searching for a good Used Matiz (Yes,A Daewoo Matiz,Please,Someone don't come in between and tell me to get an Alto/Zen or any of those cars) in my place and there was ONE,Which was decent in the exterior.It is a 2002 Model with Power Steering (SE,I think,Not the SE+).
If you are absolutely bent on buying it then go for it. No one will suggest you are viable newer option even though the new car would be a lot less of a hassle.

All fine mechanically,The Price is right,Spares are still available,What's wrong with the car ? Let's go for it !
[:)]Grab it with both hands and hug it tight!

Here are my questions

1) I've heard that if one has the Xerox Copy of the RC Book,We can go to the Nearest RTO and ask them to make a Brand New RC Book.But I also heard that because the original RC Book is lost,It needs the (Previous) Owner of the Car (As per identified in the RC Book Copy),Now because this is royally screwed as we have no details or contact with the Previous Owner,Is there any way to do this legally ?
Visit on the address provided on the RC and see if he/she is still living there. Talk to them and request them to accompany you to RTO if possible. Keep the contact of current owner in your phone.

2) The FC has not been done,There is no possible way to do it without RC Book.
3) The Insurance also Barred on September this year
4) The Car is 15 Years Old and will need Re-Registration
Sort out the RC issue for all these.

How much will this cost me ? Thank you guys,Prompt help will be very much appreciated
Fitness certificate cost I don't know as never required one so far for my cars. As of insurance, you'll have to pay a survey charge and policy will be issued. Survey charge is between Rs. 100-200 depending on the insurance company. For the re payment of road tax, I guess it would be charged on basis of initial price of the car when new.

Just a Q for confirmation, can the spares of Chevrolet Spark be used in Matiz?

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Welcome again to T.A.I Bharat.

If you are absolutely bent on buying it then go for it. No one will suggest you are viable newer option even though the new car would be a lot less of a hassle.

[:)]Grab it with both hands and hug it tight!

Visit on the address provided on the RC and see if he/she is still living there. Talk to them and request them to accompany you to RTO if possible. Keep the contact of current owner in your phone.

Sort out the RC issue for all these.

Fitness certificate cost I don't know as never required one so far for my cars. As of insurance, you'll have to pay a survey charge and policy will be issued. Survey charge is between Rs. 100-200 depending on the insurance company. For the re payment of road tax, I guess it would be charged on basis of initial price of the car when new.

Just a Q for confirmation, can the spares of Chevrolet Spark be used in Matiz?

Regards

Akash
Oh OK,So it has the Address on the RC Book Lol,I didn't know that.The problem is,The previous Owner is in Banglore and I really don't think he will come to Chennai JUST for this because the loss of RC Book was not his fault so I have to pay for the Travel Cost and food for him [frustration] and hope if he agrees to come.Banglore to Chennai is a long distance,All this work will take 3 Days (Right ? I have no clue lol) That's just too much work and headache.So do I have a way to make a new RC Book without the previous owner,But this current Owner (seller) I'm buying the car from ? Yes,I do have the current owner's contact.This Car costed 3.27L ex-Showroom 15 Years Back.And nope,The Spark has nothing similar to Matiz [cry]

And what would be the cost for a brand new RC Book,Insurance,Re-Registration,FC,Tax Re-Payment ? Can I expect under 10K ?

Thank you for the prompt answer :)

Thread Starter #5

Yes some parts are sharing from 800 also as well as Spark. Even the odd Alto part. Maintaining a Matiz isnt hard these days except for cosmetic parts.
Yes,My Mech says that the Suspension Parts are roughly similar to Alto and Zen.Cosmetic wise,Like even dents can be fixed,But the Plastics like the Bumpers,The small plastic cladding right below the Headlamps is a pain in the *** though.He tells me that normal parts are not at all hard to get.But stuff like Engine Components (Pistons.etc) are getting increasingly hard to get,But he tells me that there are a lot of donor Matizes which have used Parts of great condition.He's quite famous in my place for servicing rare cars :)

Akash1886

Honoured Member

The problem is,The previous Owner is in Banglore and I really don't think he will come to Chennai JUST for this because the loss of RC Book was not his fault so I have to pay for the Travel Cost and food for him
No pain No Gain, as simple as that. If you are really into buying this particular Matiz, you shouldn't bother about the fringe costs involved. Rather the 1st owner's presence will sort out many issues for you. Try to get in touch with him.

Banglore to Chennai is a long distance,All this work will take 3 Days (Right ? I have no clue lol) That's just too much work and headache.
Down South, these RTO things are now computerized and the time involved can be significantly reduced.

So do I have a way to make a new RC Book without the previous owner,But this current Owner (seller) I'm buying the car from ?
If the present owner hasn't changed the name of 1st owner in the RC (which is lost) then at some point for sure, you'll need the presence of the 1st owner. Do Not by-pass the rules in regards to car's documentation.

This Car costed 3.27L ex-Showroom 15 Years Back.
So approx Rs. 10-15K for Road Tax to be paid is my guess.

And nope,The Spark has nothing similar to Matiz
I was more interested in knowing about mechanical spares. Just for refreshing my knowledge.

And what would be the cost for a brand new RC Book,Insurance,Re-Registration,FC,Tax Re-Payment ? Can I expect under 10K ?
Fitness Certificate Cost: I don't know.

Insurance: Survey Charge + Premium as per IDV roughly 2-2.5K

RC+Registration: 2-4K

Road Tax: Approx 10-15K

Total can be expected about Rs. 20-25K.

Turns out that the car would cost you 50-60K in total + approx 10K for frills and accessories that comes to around 70K. It would again need a of lot effort from your end so first evaluate whether the car is really worth the effort and secondly evaluate yourself i.e whether you are willing to make that effort.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

No pain No Gain, as simple as that. If you are really into buying this particular Matiz, you shouldn't bother about the fringe costs involved. Rather the 1st owner's presence will sort out many issues for you. Try to get in touch with him.

Down South, these RTO things are now computerized and the time involved can be significantly reduced.

If the present owner hasn't changed the name of 1st owner in the RC (which is lost) then at some point for sure, you'll need the presence of the 1st owner. Do Not by-pass the rules in regards to car's documentation.

So approx Rs. 10-15K for Road Tax to be paid is my guess.

I was more interested in knowing about mechanical spares. Just for refreshing my knowledge.

Fitness Certificate Cost: I don't know.

Insurance: Survey Charge + Premium as per IDV roughly 2-2.5K

RC+Registration: 2-4K

Road Tax: Approx 10-15K

Total can be expected about Rs. 20-25K.

Turns out that the car would cost you 50-60K in total + approx 10K for frills and accessories that comes to around 70K. It would again need a of lot effort from your end so first evaluate whether the car is really worth the effort and secondly evaluate yourself i.e whether you are willing to make that effort.

Regards

Akash
Thank you very much sir :) So there is no other way than getting the Owner who has been listed in this (lost) RC Book.Me personally,I don't think this car is worth so much effort.I'm just gonna leave this car just like that.And sadly even he isn't persistent of helping the buyer regarding the paper work.

I'm going to wait for a few more months and see if better Matizs come for sale

Top Bottom