Registration Process in Lucknow

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys, I had bought a car on 9th September 2016 from Lucknow but till date have not received my cars registration. The Car dealership says that the RTO takes 7 days to give registration and it has been delayed because of the following holidays observed by RTO: Second Saturday (10th Sept 2016)
Sunday (11th Sept 2016)
Eid (13th Sept 2016)
Vishwakarma Puja (17th Sept 2016).

Although I am not sure if RTO is supposed to be closed on Vishwakarma Puja. Then i was told that the number series has been closed and new series will open on Monday, 19th Sept 2016. On Monday, they said it will be done today positively and now the entire day has gone but the are saying that RTO gives out RC after 6 pm. I am not sure about all these excuses. Can anyone tell me if this delay is right and if not then how can I ensure quick resolution ? My new car has been standing covered for the past 12 days just because of this reasons. [frustration]

My second question to you guys:

I drove the car on TC number on the second day of purchase and have not driven after that because of no registration. Once I get the UP registration, am I supposed to get a HSNP installed because it will be used in Delhi or will it be okay to get a normal number plate done as the car is registered in Lucknow and HSNP is still not implemented there ? Also, if I have to get the HSNP installed then what is the procedure for out of state vehicles ?

Please advise.

Top Bottom