Shifting of Corolla To Noida From Mumbai

Thread Starter #1
Friends

I need some advice. I live in Mumbai and have a residence in Noida, but in my Dad's name. I travel there frequently. After I bought my Pajero last year, I thought of selling my Corolla, but was too much in love with it. But now it has become tough to lavish attention on two cars.

A solution is to keep the Corolla in Noida. It is currently Mumbai registered. What formalities do I have to undertake?

A visit to the UP Govt website says the following:

Procedure of Re-Registration of already registered motor vehicles brought from one state to other state:
The documents required are as under:

Other state registration certificate in original.
Form 28 (NOC in duplicate)
Form 27
Form 20
Attested copy of address proof.
Attested copy of valid insurance.
Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
Fitness certificate in case of commercial vehicle only.
Road tax (as applicable)
Prescribed fee for registration.
PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
Note:Such registration of vehicle in some of the states are subject to clearance from National Crime Record Bureau. The Transport Department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.

Now I had no address proof in Noida. Hence
1) Can I consider shifting this vehicle at all to NOIda
2) If I do take it and don't register it, what is the problem? Will cops haul me up now and then?
3) If I sell it to my dad, and then he registers it, what is the issue? Can he buy it, with address proof in Noida and not Mumbai?

Thanks.
SS

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends

2) If I do take it and don't register it, what is the problem? Will cops haul me up now and then?
Get a NOC from the present RTO of Mumbai for the car and drive it down to Delhi. My tenant has a Wagon R that is AP registered and he had a bike that was MH registered (Nagpur Rural). He got the NOC from Hyderabad RTO for his car and bought it here and is using it in NOIDA itself. As for the bike, he got the NOC from the RTO and then sold it here. Re-registration is applicable if the car is being SOLD. So instead of going thru all this hassle of transferring et al, I would say get a NOC for the car and then if in future you may decide to sell it then with all the paper work attach the NOC too as it would help next buyer in re-registration. I do hope there is no loan on the car in any of Mumbai's bank aswell. In case you are interested for attestation, then through a gazetted officer get the same done buddy.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Akash1886, thanks for the reply. Almost clear. In Noida+Delhi, would cops be on the lookout for such cars and dock you because it is not registered? It is 11 years old and driving fabulously. I intend keeping it in Noida/Delhi for another 4-5 years.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
In Noida+Delhi, would cops be on the lookout for such cars and dock you because it is not registered? It is 11 years old and driving fabulously. I intend keeping it in Noida/Delhi for another 4-5 years.
Buddy as such there is no issue at all. For cars which are old it is advisable to maintain all valid documents and ya a peculiar itch of the checkers here, both the number plates should be in normal+legal fonts (more so because your's is a out-state car) and secondly, remove the tints from the 4 windows (if your car has). Apart from that, at most if ever stopped, they'll check for a aftermarket CNG cylinder. Rest no issues buddy.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
OK. That makes it clear. I will fix this straightaway. Thanks a ton.

I heard the Noida authorities are going to make the max permitted age 10 years - a UP guy told me this, though I have not read this anywhere myself. Would you know anything on this? In such a case my 11 year old would be barred...

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I heard the Noida authorities are going to make the max permitted age 10 years - a UP guy told me this, though I have not read this anywhere myself. Would you know anything on this? In such a case my 11 year old would be barred...
News to me too. I have 10 year old Esteem with me and till now haven't faced such a issue and haven't heard of it. Until there is any official communication from authorities in media for this, till then, there is no problem.[:)] Also being UP, expect such regulations to be implemented in the very last only if at all required. In near future there should not be any issue.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Yes. Ultra Pradesh. In every way, including people driving on both sides of the road in both directions...
Forget about the wrong side here, Noida's roads have always been well spaced out and even in comparison to Delhi & Gurgaon, these roads give minimal strain and maximum driving pleasure. Also soon enough, Noida is getting it's own Sea-link Bridge too[:D](A very long flyover stretching from Sector 27 to Sector 63) and would become 90% signal free.

Regards

Akash

As much I know about NCR, just get into driver's seat and drive the car all the way to Delhi - NCR. The cops here aren't bothered like the Bangalore and Maha guys if what number the car has. Keep driving around and don't break the rules, the cops in Delhi won't even ask if this car is even registered anywhere in India.

Top Bottom