Bought Car in Karnataka. Need Help To Register in Tamil Nadu

Thread Starter #1
I bought a new vehicle from karnataka. I reside in Tamilnadu.
The vehicle was temporarily registered in karnataka and now i have to register in tamilnadu.

What are the taxes and procedures?
My doubt is, whether TN commercial taxes is applicable?

Hi Usha,
If you are planning to do the registration by yourself, please visit your RTO office to know the exact procedure/taxes. Otherwise, driving school folks in your city/town can do these on your behalf with a premium fee (usually around 4K).

Thread Starter #4
Hi Usha,
If you are planning to do the registration by yourself, please visit your RTO office to know the exact procedure/taxes. Otherwise, driving school folks in your city/town can do these on your behalf with a premium fee (usually around 4K).
Thanks.
My anxiety is whether i should pay sales tax once again? is entry tax imposed in TN?

Thanks.
My anxiety is whether i should pay sales tax once again? is entry tax imposed in TN?
I thought sales tax (life tax) isn't collected for temporary registrations. That's what happened in my case, purchased car in Coimbatore, temporarily registered and paid sales tax at my native place during permanent registration.

I m sorry I do not know of you will have to pay entry tax. I would recommend calling up some driving school guys in your city to enquire more details.

Thanks.
I thought sales tax (life tax) isn't collected for temporary registrations. That's what happened in my case, purchased car in Coimbatore, temporarily registered and paid sales tax at my native place during permanent registration.

I m sorry I do not know of you will have to pay entry tax. I would recommend calling up some driving school guys in your city to enquire more details.

VAT needs to be paid in Karnataka. What is not collected is the Road Tax. Now , a temporary registration is given. With this, the owner can register by paying the road tax in Tamil Nadu.

Top Bottom