RC Card Lost - How To Get Duplicate RC in Bangalore?

Thread Starter #1
Hello People
I lost my Splendor NXG's RC card while moving house last month and had to apply for duplicate one so thought let me pen down my experience so that others too can benefit.

I was armed with info that I need to visit police station and get a complaint registered (mistake I made I didn't check online). I went straight to police station and there I was informed by a not-so-friendly-hefty-pot-bellied cop that I need to get affidavit done. So I scooted off to nearby notary and got my affidavit done and notarized it as well. Damage to purse started from here and it was 80Rs. Armed with affidavit I took a photocopy of it and went to station and submitted it to file a complaint. There I was asked to write a complaint, did it and submitted it. Cop wanted original affidavit and I had to give it to him. I was made to wait for 30 minutes to get a printed copy of complaint and in the meantime drama unfolded in station with a couple fighting and came to station. Both of them were bruised on face and later found out that they were hitting each other and cops intervened to sort out trouble and it was nice of them to patiently listen to them and sort it out. A printed complaint came to me and I thanked the cop and left. Thank god nobody asked any bribe for this.

And then, I went to Yeshwantpura RTO to apply for duplicate. I was informed by the clerk there that I need to get a insurance copy of vehicle and I had it luckily and took a copy of it and included along with it. Later, the same clerk told me that she needs a pollution certificate also, which I did not have. So went out and got the pollution checked and got the certificate and photocopied and gave it to her. She now looked at the application and said she needs original affidavit and she cannot process it without it. This got me frustrated and I asked her to check the form completely and tell me once and for all what other documents she needs to process and she shouldn't be sending me back again. This time she checked and told everything is fine and only affidavit needed. I again went to notary and got the affidavit done (loss first affidavit was taken by police and this lady didn't accept that) and came back to submit. The clerk had ace up her sleeve now. She said counter is closed and come next day. Phew!! government office and its employees. No wonder people hate it.

Now I have to wait till next Saturday to submit this as leave to office very early this whole week and can't go to RTO. Will keep posted if anything turns up.

Summary: So, if you are applying duplicate RC documents needed are :-
1) Affidavit (get 2 copies)
2) Police complaint
3) Insurance
4) Running PUC
5) Form 26 from RTO to be filled and signed
6) Postal cover to send RC box and it should be stamped.

Thanks for reading.

Thread Starter #3
Affidavit contains vehicle number, chassis number and make of the vehicle and engine number as well. You can get these from insurance. It also contains how you lost.

In police complaint, all the information above + why you are raising complaint and requesting them to provide a acknowledgement.

Thread Starter #5
sorry i missed above post Brijesh, Hope it's sorted out now.. as its very long time ago.[;)]

Top Bottom