Buying a New Car From Out of State (Karnataka)

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I come from a small town in Karnataka where there is only one Maruti dealership. Have set my eyes on the Vitara Brezza for some time now but when I went to the dealer last week to book the car, it seemed he had no idea about the vehicle (saying that it is not yet in production...does not know anything about the car...says will take at least three months to be delivered) Nearest 'big' city is Hyderabad and with my sister living there, I thought maybe I can ask around there and see whether it can be delivered in 3-4 weeks. My aim is to purchase the vehicle, get temp registration, get it back to Karnataka where I get a permanent registration from the local RTO. But I am confused about the taxes...now the road tax is higher in my state compared to Telangana...so my question is do I have to pay both the Telangana tax and the Karnataka tax in full or whether I have to pay just the difference (I believe it is 12% in Telangana compared to 18 here..so an additional six percent?) Also is there an entry tax if I bring a non-registered vehicle across the state borders and are there any other taxes that I have to keep in mind?

Why go for Hyd, check in Gulbarga, Dharwad. Getting NOC and from other state for road tax and submitting it here; why all those hassles. You can coolly drive from Gulbarga to Raichur.

Top Bottom