AP To TS Vehicle Registration Changes

Thread Starter #1
To all people living in the new Telengana State,

There was a report that all the vehicles which have AP nos need to get themselves re-registered and changed the AP nos to TS nos. Has this change being in effect? If yes what is the procedure for the same.

TAI.

Hello everyone, I need your advice /suggestions /help.

Actually I went to register my Jupiter today and found that I have to pay 2800 as extra tax because this is my second vehicle.

Before buying Jupiter I owned a hero honda splendor, I sold it and then bought jupiter but old bike is still on my name. The person who bought hasn't transferred the vehicle on his name.

They are saying that now I can't register the bike on someone else's name as TR number is generated on my name.

Also even if he (splendor owner) transfers the vehicle to his name now then also I have to pay 2800.

What should I do now?

Can anyone explain how much tax is levied on new vehicle and how it is calculated?

The ex showroom price here in Mahabubnagar is 58107 /_

9% life tax is 6557 /_

Insurance - 5792

On road price came to 72001.

Is that 2% extra equal to 2800???

help

Hello Salahuddin...

Not Changing ownership is a big mistake. You are very lucky to not have big issues. My friends brother bought a new bike after exchanging his old bike with the dealer. After 2-3 years he gets a court case. An underage boy rode the bike with his friend, crashed it and died. His friend is seriously injured and needed expensive treatment. The insurance people said that under age driver was driving, so can't give insurance. The injured guys family files a case and since he didn't change his name in the RC book, my friends brother is facing the case.

So unless you want to have such issues, change the name in the book.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Is that a new rule in your place/RTO?

Not heard any such thing in Kerala.

2 months back, I have registered my car. Previous to that I was having my old Alto K10 and another Scooter all in my name. No extra payment at all[roll]

Is that a new rule in your place/RTO?

Not heard any such thing in Kerala.

2 months back, I have registered my car. Previous to that I was having my old Alto K10 and another Scooter all in my name. No extra payment at all[roll]
Nair Ji,
This is the rule with Telangana State RTO, one vehicle is considered as need and second vehicle is considered as luxury. For first vehicle tax is collected at 12% and for second vehicle tax is collected at 20%.

I have a two wheeler on my name which is registered in 2007 at Hyderabad, I sold to my cousin and shifted to Chennai, we haven’t done name transfer and he is using that happily since then. Recently I shifted back to Hyderabad and brought Nexon and now to avoid the additional tax I have to register on my wife name. [lol]

Today when I spoke to RTA agent for permanent registration of Nexon, he informed that if we have any discount on ex-showroom price, we need to pay tax even for that discounted amount. I am little surprised with this rule and this is the way they are milking money from public.

Today when I spoke to RTA agent for permanent registration of Nexon, he informed that if we have any discount on ex-showroom price, we need to pay tax even for that discounted amount. I am little surprised with this rule and this is the way they are milking money from public.
This rule is all over India. They calculate % taxes based on list price and not discounted price.
But there is a fallacy. If you re-register your vehicle later in any other state they may happily consider the discounted invoice amount for tax calculation.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
This rule is all over India. They calculate % taxes based on list price and not discounted price.
But there is a fallacy. If you re-register your vehicle later in any other state they may happily consider the discounted invoice amount for tax calculation.
Are you sure the Rule is for all over India?

I have registered my new car on 12th of September and at that time I was having an Alto K10 and Maestro Edge. Still, I had to pay only 8% of the showroom price and nothing more.[roll]

Are you sure the Rule is for all over India?

I have registered my new car on 12th of September and at that time I was having an Alto K10 and Maestro Edge. Still, I had to pay only 8% of the showroom price and nothing more.[roll]
As far as I know, there is no such rule in Kerala either.
I said the rule of charging taxes based on % of list price and not discounted price. Not for 2nd vehicle rule.
i.e. If ex showroom price of car is Rs 6,00.000 and discount is given for Rs 40,000 , the taxes would be calculated on Rs 6,00,000 and not Rs 5,60,000.

Top Bottom