Hi fellow TAIns,
I'm in a dilemma, which has to do with buying a new car and selling existing car.
It's not about which new car to buy (decided to buy Zica or Bolt) but how to exchange/sell old car and buy new one, as the car, which I currently drive, is in my Father's name.
The Background Story
My father bought a first hand Maruti 800 (A/C BS-III) in October 2011 at Sirsi RNS Maruti, Karnataka (KA-31 registration, no loans used).
After he used it for 2 years there, I've bought it to Bengaluru and using it here from 2013.
The car's ownership is still in my Father's name.
Some details about the car
KMs Run : 20,600
Insurance: Till next year October
Accidents: No major ones, my dad once banged the car to a parked truck causing a small dent near right side door but no claims to insurance.
The Dilemma Part
As I plan to buy a new car in the coming year, I wanted to return the car to him, but he told me to either sell the car or exchange it for the new car, which I'll buy.
In this situation there are two possibilities (according to me
1. Get the vehicle ownership transferred to my name and sell it in Bengaluru.
2. Send the car back to Sirsi and sell it there.
For Case-I, I guess we've to get CC (Clearance Certificate or NOC) from Sirsi RTO and then change the ownership to my name (CMV-29/CMV-30) and then sell.
As me being little bit lazy and as it involves multiple RTOs, I don't want to opt for this Case.
For Case-II, I'm worried about getting less valuation for the car, as we will not be selling in Bengaluru (If I’ve to sell in Sirsi it will to be RNS Maruti alone).
So my questions are,
1. For Case-I, has anyone sold their car at a metropolitan city to Maruti True Value, although the car was not registered there and the buyer (True Value) took care of paper work for transfer of ownership?
2. For Case-II, is there a way where I can exchange/sell the car in Bengaluru without having to go through RTO hassles as it might take some time?
3. Any other possibilities?
4. How is the Maruti True Value/Tata Motors experience when it comes to selling car to them?
Please let me know your views.