Wrong Customer Name, Address and Delivery Date on Invoice

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ns,
I purchased Toyota Etios VD on 15-OCT-2015. When I went to the service centre for the first free service I came to know from the Service Invoice that the customer name, address and mobile number is different, even the delivery date is 31-AUG-2015. I immediately contacted the service head and he told me that its not a problem and they will correct it in the next service, he tld me that the vehicle was ordered for that other person but due to financing issues vehicle was not delivered to him.
So please advice me regarding this matter on what should I do. Is it possible that they had sold me an old car. I did PDI as per the TAI suggestion.
Thank You.
Regards lone_ranger.
I also double checked the service history of the vehicle but it was empty.

Note to Mods: Please transfer the post on the respective section if it is in the wrong section.

Last edited:
Re: Wrong Customer Name, address and delivery date

Hello TAI'ns,
I purchased Toyota Etios VD on 15-OCT-2015. When I went to the service centre for the first free service I came to know from the Service Invoice that the customer name, address and mobile number is different, even the delivery date is 31-AUG-2015. ......
You should insist that the service record be corrected immediately. All authorised services are recorded in central server of the respective car company and forms the service record for your car. If the first service doesn't reflect in the central server, the subsequent problems and validity of your extended warranty (if you have taken an extended warranty) will be affected. For all you know , the manufacturer may wash his hands if problems arises within the next free service, claiming you neglected to carry out the first service!

Thread Starter #3

You should insist that the service record be corrected immediately.
Thank you. Yes i have asked to correct the details at that time only but they said it is not possible to edit the details after the invoice is generated and they will correct it later on. But now I will even ask for a letter of correction.

Wrong Customer Name, address and delivery date

You should immediately ask for correcting this. Did you check the insurance papers, RC and other documents like extended warranty papers? Whose name are they having?

It is pure negligence on the part of your SA. Contact him and take this matter to the higher ups of the dealership also if possible. Didn't you notice this while taking delivery? I assume that the previous buyer's booking would have been cancelled and the same car was alloted to you without making changes of name, address and details. How will this be corrected at a later stage if they can't correct it now? Get it done soon to avoid trouble in the future.

Any way, congrats. I also own a 2014 GD, enjoy the car!

Thread Starter #5

You should immediately ask for correcting this. Did you check the insurance papers, RC and other documents like extended warranty papers? Whose name are they having?
Any way, congrats. I also own a 2014 GD, enjoy the car!
Thanks.
Everything is correct in insurance and RC papers. It is just in their service database which I came to know after 1st free service.

Everything is correct in insurance and RC papers. It is just in their service database which I came to know after 1st free service.
Okay. Still you should ask your SA to sort this out and give him a mild warning that you want everything sorted by the next service.

One question, is the service bill having the details of the other person?

Top Bottom