HELP: Buying 2nd Hand Bike From CHD & Getting Registered in Pune

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys!
I found a FZ in mint condition at reasonable price in Chandigarh, which I NEVER found here in Pune. [confused]
I'm planning to buy and bring it to Pune.. The thing that's disturbing me the most is-
1- Will I have to FIRST transfer the bike from 1st owners name to my name there in CHD, and THEN I would be able to get it registered here in Pune (from 1st owner's name (chd) to my name(chd) to my name (MH) )? [sad]

2- Is it possible to transfer the Bike from 1st owner (CHD) to me DIRECTLY (MH), having not to transfer the bike to my name in CHD first?

3- When coming from CHD to Pune, I need just a NOC from CHD RTO? Nothing else?

4- What would be the approximate cost of this whole process?

5- I don't mind standing in lines for 1-2 hours, for a couple of days, as I'm doing it for myself only... But is this process more tedious than what it seems??

Thanks and Regards
Saby [evil]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Saby, Recently my brother moved from Pune to Meerut with his Yamaha FZ. As the bike was MH number and had to be transferred in UP so he just obtained the NOC of Pune RTO and the bike was loaded back to Meerut by Train. Upon reaching Meerut, he showed the NOC to Meerut RTO and then applied for fresh registration number of UP. There is no need to transfer the vehicle twice. At once when the sales deed is prepared, you may provide the address of Pune in it and all you need then is the NOC from Chandigarh RTO. Cost involved in this is, payment of the road tax and make sure the transfer/sales deed is properly prepared. The stamp paper for the same is obtained by the seller. If you intend to ride back with the bike to Pune, please carry all documents and try to get the insurance transferred to your name ASAP.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom