Doubts About Cashless Insurance

Thread Starter #1
I own a Mahindra XUV 5OO W6 2013 model. On 19th august my current policy is getting expired. My current policy is a bumper to bumper United India policy.

To get my insurance renewed I took online quotes from policybazar and my car dealer. On policybazar quotes ranges from 23,000-33,000. The policy I liked was of Tata AIG costing 25,500(+-500 rs). Now, TATA AIG states that I can make cashless claims at any authorized Mahindra dealership throughout India, but the Mahindra dealer in my city states that if I have to make cashless claims at their workshop then I must take a United India policy from THEM which costs a whopping 39,000 rs, even I can't make cashless claims If I take a United India policy from outside. Outside United India policy is available at 30,000 Rs. Other Mahindra service stations are at 150 kms from my city. Due to their monopoly I will be forced to pay extra 15,000 and it is impossible for me take my car 150 kms for repair works. My city has only one Mahindra dealer.

My dealer insist that we can give cashless claims on the policy that are cut only from their portal, I can't get cashless claims on THAT policy if I get my car repaired at any other Mahindra dealer. I find this stupid. What to do? I am confused . Is this true? Can I take a Tata aig policy and make cashless claims in my local Mahindra dealership

Any advice would be highly appreciated. I am considering only 0 dep. insurance and I have made claims on my previous policy.
My local Mahindra dealer : Dewan Fourwheels Pvt. Ltd. Narnaul

Last edited:
Re: Doubts about cashless insurance.

If there is another dealer then ask question differently. Ask question as "Does Tata AIG vehicle inspector visits your body shop regularly ?" If yes, then you can safely take Tata AIG insurance.
In case of claim you need to call the insurance company and arrange for insurance inspector visit, once done. The insurance company will settle agreed amount with body shop.

Thread Starter #3
I did this. I asked sterling motors Gurgaon directly they told me that if you are taking Tata Aig insurance from anywhere you will get cashless facilities at every single Mahindra dealership across India. Tata Aig and Mahindra has national tie up and they will provide me cashless facilities everywhere

Top Bottom