Initially i was trying to increase my IDV, but came to know that every insurance company has its own norms and formulas to calculate total loss amount apart from IDV, hence left that option and stick to 10% less than previous IDV standard.
I have already received dealers quote from Bajaj Allianz hence started to search online quotes with respect to my IDV. Below are some observations:
1) Liberty Videocon - No zero depreciation option (don't know why they done this)
2) Oriental Insurance - No cashless claims
3) HDFC Ergo - Much higher premium as compared to all others insurers
4) Universal Sompo - Website problem hence can't generate any quote (they are loosing customers like me)
5) L&T - Cannot calculate premium along with zero depreciation in online quote
6) Tata Aig - No scope of calculating premuim after adding zero depreciation (instaed some gold protection plan is present with them which also dose not mention anything about zero depreciation)
7) Bharati Axa - No scope of checking your premium by adding "Personal Accident Cover" online
8) Bajaj Allianz - Difference of whopping Rs.2000 as compared with dealers quote from same company.
9) Royal Sundaram - The premium is close to dealers quote and less by Rs.200. They don't offer any discount.
10) Iffcotokio - Apart from main page there site is not working for any online quotes generation.
11) Cholamandalam - This is higher than dealers quote but somehow they are providing discount of 25% under "DeTariff Discount"
Immediately called dealer and asked him about this discount. He provided me 30% discount under same "Detariff Discount" head and now the quote has decreased by 500 which is less by 300 as compared to Chola.
Looking at the approaching end date of my insurance and time constraint to play with other insurers, i have made my mind to go with dealers quote.
Does anyone know what is "Detariff discount on OD (Own Damage)" and on what basis this discount amount is calculated?