Procedure For Buying a Jeep in Punjab and Transferring To Kerala?

Thread Starter #1
hi ,
I Wish to buy a bullet and mahindra 550(army disposal) jeep in Punjab and transfer it to kerala.my friend who studying there said tat there are lot of This vehicles in low price.

I Dont know the procedures/steps for buying a vehicle from other state and re register in kerala.and That to a 15+ year old vehicle.

(1)i contacted some ads Regarding the purchase.some are saying That they can provide NOC,some didnt.why such happends?
(a) first step for taking an NOC?
(b)documents That i have to collect from previous owner?
(c)will NOC awarded to 15+ year vehicle?
(d)is the invoice necessary(in some case it May Not avail,what happens If its not there?any alternatives)
(e)amount required for NOC
(f)some owners told tat they have NOC at present,my question is Whether NOC is applying only after sale?to my limited knowledge,NOC is being sent to respective RTO and a copy to me.Then how owner having NOC at present without knowing my name and place?
(g)If t vehicle is free from financier,is it required to take NOC from bank.If so how?
(h)days required for getting an NOC?
(i)Whether document is provided in English;If its not i think kerala RTO will Not accept it.
(j)If t sale letter has been provided,Whether the vehicle is in my name(in Punjab RTO)i Dont have any address there.
(k)how to get a PCC cert?Whether its avail directly to me or to the concerned RTO only.Whether they can check the details about vehicles in NCRB site and give NOC?
(l)is the given forms required for NOC is correct.any additions?
*PCC
*NOC from financier
*original rc
*insurance cert.
*sale letter

(m)Whether the rc still have the previous owners name(after getting NOC)
(n)after getting rc is there any procedures left in That RTO?
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
(2)Whats next?
(a)how can i transport the vehicle?(May be in another thread)
(b)goods charge for transport of bullet in train.(Punjab to kerala)
(c)document required
(d)charge for transporting jeep to kerala in parcel/road services.
Document required/anyone done the same?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
(3) ok now its arrived in kerala.
(a)in how many days i have to report t NOC to RTO.
(b)If i have to change the colour before submitting to RTO (we have to make the vehicle condition.right)
(c)If the rc book paint colour is different ,will they oppose it
(d)what All forms should i submit in RTO for registration?
(e)re register charge for vehicle.is That same as a new vehicle.(as the vehicle is new to kerala)
(f)what about tax?is LTT is required or five year tax?(as 15+ year vehicles are re register for five years period)
(g)will they re register 15 year vehicles.
(h)will they provide new rc book /card.
(i)when will i get a new no.? If i Dont want a new no. And just paying t tax,can i retest the vehicle after five year in my RTO.(shall i take the vehicle to Punjab for the same)
(j)for the whole procedure Whether my presence is required.

Please reply me.i need it for my purchase.
Thanks in advance.

Rijo@

welcome to TAI!.

I am also from Cochin.Answers for your question from my limited knowledge below.

(1)i contacted some ads Regarding the purchase.some are saying That they can provide NOC,some didnt.why such happends?
- May be the owner not ready/not interested to go behind the paperwork.But you can get it from the vehicle registered RTO.
(a) first step for taking an NOC?- With required documents,need to apply in the RTO, where vehicle registered/current owner living.
(b)documents That i have to collect from previous owner?-RC,insurance,Ownership transfer docs,NOC (to get NOC, police clearance certificate also required). I am not sure about the papers, in case it was army auctioned vechicle
(c)will NOC awarded to 15+ year vehicle?-yes.
(d)is the invoice necessary(in some case it May Not avail,what happens If its not there?any alternatives)- Check with RTO Kochi/ local RTO agents
(e)amount required for NOC- Max Rs.2K if going through Agent.
(f)some owners told tat they have NOC at present,my question is Whether NOC is applying only after sale?to my limited knowledge,NOC is being sent to respective RTO and a copy to me.Then how owner having NOC at present without knowing my name and place?-In short, dont belive them.(Sometimes Owner has bought it from differnt state and he didnt reregistered it in his state.Then only owner have a NOC). NOC is issuing to a respective RTO, where buyer has valid address.
(g)If t vehicle is free from financier,is it required to take NOC from bank.If so how?- Check if hypothication,mentioned in RC, then ask for NOC from financier.
(h)days required for getting an NOC?- It is according to each RTO.maximum 1 month
(i)Whether document is provided in English;If its not i think kerala RTO will Not accept it.
(j)If t sale letter has been provided,Whether the vehicle is in my name(in Punjab RTO)i Dont have any address there.- U need to give your kerala address and NOC will issue to that respective RTO.
(k)how to get a PCC cert?Whether its avail directly to me or to the concerned RTO only.Whether they can check the details about vehicles in NCRB site and give NOC?
- In kerala, you need to get PCC from local police station and submit to RTO for NOC processing.

(l)is the given forms required for NOC is correct.any additions?
*PCC
*NOC from financier
*original rc
*insurance cert.
*sale letter (Form 29 &From 30)

(m)Whether the rc still have the previous owners name(after getting NOC)- They will just issue NOC.address change will do in your location RTO only after reregisteration.
(n)after getting rc is there any procedures left in That RTO?NO
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
(2)Whats next?
(a)how can i transport the vehicle?(May be in another thread)
(b)goods charge for transport of bullet in train.(Punjab to kerala)
(c)document required
(d)charge for transporting jeep to kerala in parcel/road services.
Document required/anyone done the same?

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
(3) ok now its arrived in kerala.
(a)in how many days i have to report t NOC to RTO.-Maximum 6 months
(b)If i have to change the colour before submitting to RTO (we have to make the vehicle condition.right)
(c)If the rc book paint colour is different ,will they oppose it- May be you need to pay additional fee to change colour in RC or pay fine.
(d)what All forms should i submit in RTO for registration?- Your address proof,NOC,RC,INS & tittle transfer docs
(e)re register charge for vehicle.is That same as a new vehicle.(as the vehicle is new to kerala)-Maximum Rs.3K if going through agent.road tax extra.
(f)what about tax?is LTT is required or five year tax?(as 15+ year vehicles are re register for five years period)- In Kerala, vehicles older than 2008 not needed to pay LTT.You need to pay road tax for 2/5 years.
(g)will they re register 15 year vehicles.-Yes
(h)will they provide new rc book /card.- yes.
(i)when will i get a new no.? If i Dont want a new no. And just paying t tax,can i retest the vehicle after five year in my RTO.(shall i take the vehicle to Punjab for the same)-In Kerala,RTO dont accept road tax, if you are not reregister it here. Once you taken NOC from Punjab, no way for retest there.
(j)for the whole procedure Whether my presence is required.- No. better to go through good RTO agents, if you dont have enough time.

Please reply me.i need it for my purchase.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
@releesh: Thanks a lot for your valuable time and answers. Yesterday i contact one Delhi seller, actually he is a Malayalee, he tells That for Delhi no. The RTO won't provide NOC If the vehicle is registered before 2000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Are you buying this jeep from Dabwali, Haryana?
you cannot get these registered in major metros, but surely in smaller towns, where emission norms are not very stringent.
do get a transit insurance, if you buy.
regards
vinod

Rijo, Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm.But,let me cut it straight.This is a tedious and time consuming process.Regarding Army vehicles go somewhere south only.
Getting an old vehicle from Delhi and re registering is not worth the money. If the vehicle owner was in Delhi and he had come back to Kerala ,there is a chance that you may get an NOC and re registration happens.Else, the vehicle itself can be fake and you may end up in legal meddle. Transporting this vehicle to Kerala also is difficult.

I second Genralmax on this. its a tedious task to rum behind the RTO offices to get the wrk done also. these kind of paper work will take atleat 6-7 months to complete provided all the documents are in line. if not you will end up in soup. my suggestion would be look for chennai army auctions or kerala police jeep auctions. I'm Sure you can find one. the transporting cost of jep from delhi to kerala itself would be around 20K. sit back and think whether all this hassle is worth taking risk for.

Thread Starter #7
actually i dont know any places in south ,where army auction occurs.may be here its rare...

i dont know abt transit insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some years back,one of my friend got a Maruti 800 from Delhi to Kerala.It took 3 weeks to reach and when he got it the vehicle was in a very bad condition.Doors and lights were gone.Whatever was left was full of dent and scratches.Currently the service may be different and better but I still say don't take the chance.There will be old jeeps available in Idukki,Kottayam and Pathanamthitta. OLX!

Top Bottom