[Continued from last post - it contains my experience of getting my car registered at FBD]
Part III - this part of my life is known as "Registering vehicle at RTO Faridabad" -
Here too I had to go multiple times - total visits were 6 and I found it open only thrice! Well, it was all due to my mistake and NOT theirs - one was a Saturday, one was a local holiday and once I went there before HR elections - plain bad luck - as all the staff was gone for election duty. I believe if you papers are complete, then it could be done in one day - i.e. before 1 pm of that day, the working horurs. Another visit was by my bro when all he got was a confirmation that papers are good and a list of what documents /forms are required.
Amount of agent-fee, bribe paid - Nill, Zero...nothing.
Get the list of documents here: http://hartrans.gov.in/rc.htm
(Edit: the site was working a few days back so I'm not removing it) - https://haryanatransport.gov.in/srse...p/rtoforms.jsp
Saturday is an off-day at Faridabad RTO, and somebody told me that registration can be done only on Mon/Tue/Wed - not sure as I always went on a Tuesday. But as per the notice-board there it could be done on any day Mon-Fri, 9am to 1 pm.
Cars older than 2010 - non Bharat-IV are not registered....BUT - but - yes, but - later on I came to know that since the vehicle was already registered in NCR before, so this could be done, but I need to bring copies of my old RC - thankfully I had it. But you may need to get an approval from their senior office regarding that.
Faridabad RTO office is located in Sector 12, Mini Secretariat, next to court etc. across the road of HUDA office - first floor of building located here.
1. Fill the forms / documents are listed on their site. What I had with me is listed below:
--> NOC, Form 28 - the one stamped by your old RTO
--> Form 20 - Application for registering a new vehicle - make sure that you imprint your chassis number on this form.
---> Form 27 - application for new registration number - you can avoid that if you love your old number!!
---> Identity proof
---> Address proof - two are required. Apparently they don't accept bank's passbook, but that is all depended upon their wish. Both address proof I had were Banks' so they told me to get a photocopy of LPG /Gas connections' book - that was in wife's name, but that was OK with them
--> Car's invoice - to calculate taxes.
--> Report from NCRB - first I was told to get it from KR Puram, Delhi. Bbut I showed them the printout I had from Vahan Samanvay Internet Query
. He was kind of OK - said that he would accept this one. (Edit: if above links are not working, go to Welcome to National Crime Records Bureau
and look up for "Motor Vehicles" on left ---> General Public).
---> PUC, photocopy
---> Insurance, photocopy
---> Original RC needs to be submitted.
---> Report - printout - from old (KA) RTO site "the confirmation". These days data of all the RTO offices is on-line and on entering vehicle number and chassis number you can see the details....but, unfortunately, KA RTO is still not there. So, I went back with a phtocopy of NCRB report which I got at Bangalore (see above...the one with a bribe of 200/- at Bangalore) and a printout from Bangalore Traffic Police site where you enter the car's number and it tells you if any fine is pending - so it had this message that KA-XX-XXXX has no fine pending against it. He didn't really approve it, but after some pleading, he OKayed it too! I believe this printout (the one he was asking...) could be obtained from BangaloreOne. But yes, if you're yet to move to HR, either search the internet if your RTO-site prints that, or go to the equivalent of BangaloreOne/Sugam etc. and get this. The HR equivalent of this is at https://haryanatransport.gov.in/SRRe...lcomeLogin.jsp
(Edit: llooks like this site too is changing...till 30-Sep there was a link for "Vehicle Information" between "Home" and "NOC Report", where you could enter vehicle + chassis number to get the complete information).
Edit (yeah again), 6-Jan-2015 - this site is back now Haryana Vehicle Registration Information - Search!
Edit - these days only the RTO (and/or a few registered users/organizations) can see this, so it would be helpful if you could request the RTO folks to do it. All it contains is whatever information you've got on your NOC and nothing extra, but my guess is that they've done it to prevent frauds by cross-checking it on the web. But again, you can't do that, only the registered folks can do it through this site Vahan.Nic.In.
I think somewhere I had read that 4 copies for form 20 and needed, but I was asked to remove everything which is extra and submit only one set of these forms.
2. Prepare a file - you need to buy the file from there itself from the Window at the far end of the corridor of first floor - the one you bring from home won't work. He asked me the purpose of visit and then again if I need form-20 as well. Since I already had it, I was given one 10 Rs. file. I think you can get other forms too from here.
Tag / staple all of your forms in this file. Here too you need to put your RC in a clear plastic pouch and attach it to the file. Official are nice here - they did share their stapler with me. But yes, try equipping yourself with whatever you can (tag, stapler...etc. but not the file) before you go there!
3. Go to Window number 5 of first floor - they will check the list of documents, will scribble down the list on back of a form if something is remaining. Make sure that you get all of these.
4. Get your vehicle inspected - take your car to the place where they take driving test (Sector 12 ground, behind the courts / police station etc. at the oppsite end (...OK, click here). He went through the papers, looked at the car and asked why I'm registering it so late, verified NOC and KA-RC and signed (form 20, page 4). He, then told me to come at 12 to get it stamped.
Get it stamped / signed at the office of SDM - 2nd floor of the building which houses SBI (the other one, and not the one having RTO office)- at 12 o'clock.
5. Go back to Window number 5 - now he checked the docs and asked about NCRB report and asked me to come back with everything later on. It was almost 12:30 and he said that it may be closing soon and it may not be possible to complete now (that day). In hindsight I realize that I should have paid the RTO fee as it would have saved me some money because the next time I was able to go back was around one and a half month. So, if you are going there, try to pay the fee first without going through the charade of document verification....and if you're successful, mail me I'd update this blog to reflect the correct information / procedure.
So, go back to Window #5, with everything - he'll check again, will sign on the cover of file and will instruct you to go to Window #xx where fee is calculated and collected.
6. At Window 4 (?), which is on the left of #5, they'll look up for NOC and invoice to calculate tax. They will give you a print-out with fees and fines listed. My NOC was issues on May 27th and I managed to reach this Window on 22nd November - it meant that I had to pay ~5,000 as tax and ~4,000 as fine for my 2007 model car (cost ~3.5L in 2007).
You can deposit cash too here....so run to ATM and get cash and submit the money here. They'll sign on the same printout they gave you.
7. Go to the room which is behind this Window / computer-room, access through the middle corridor, "cut 120 Rupayee kee parchee".
8. Now go back to Window #5, submit your file there with the two receipts - 120/- + the RTO fee. You'll be told that you'll get it at your home in 10-15 days. No receipt was given, but when I asked how will I drive around without RC, he took the fee receipt from me and signed and stamped it, and wrote valid for <date in one month>. Also written on it was HR51XX-A/F - to indicate that I've applied for an HR51 number (XX - is the current series running these days and NOT actually eks-eks)!
Update on 29-Dec-2014:
9. It didn't come to home - I was told after I went there - because it does NOT and you need to collect it yourself. Alright - I'm back. Now go to Window#5, get the vehicle-number - the gentleman there would write it on your original receipt and then
10. go to lamination / courier window (near to the stair-case), present it (your receipt with the vehicle-number) there and the gentlemen on that counter will search it in a stack of all the cards they've got. In my case I did get the number, but -unfortunately - the RC was not there. I was told that it could be somewhere there in the files and was asked to come back after a week. No - it won't come to my home; I would need to show up myself. It turned out that due to the lack of "confirmation" (see above) my RC was not issued to me. A little bit of pleading and yes, showing up sites on my smartphone to prove that it cannot be done through web was helpful. It turned out that only they can see the confirmation through their own departmental logon ID, which was then done promptly for me and I've been asked to come in a couple of days to collect my RC.
I went there on 5th or so as well, but they told me that due to the shortage of lamination raw material they are not printing it , and that I shall come again after 15th.
Update on 19-Jan-2015....wait ended!
All it took was 5 minutes - go to the dispatch / courier Window, show your receipt and the gentleman there gave me my car's RC in flat 5 minutes! Wow! Now I'll work towards getting my money refunded from KR Puram RTO.
Links are here:
--> Road Tax / Fees: https://vahan.hry.nic.in/srservices/...xesandfees.jsp
--> Get all the forms here: https://vahan.hry.nic.in/srservices/...p/rtoforms.jsp
This part of my life is known as "Getting refund from RTO KR Puram"...join me in praying, dear God...
I've sent them (RTO KR Puram) a registered letter - an application form-16 and almost everything else...address proofs, RC photo-copies....NCRB reports - of both KA/HR numbers, and yes, a self-addressed, stamped envelope as well. Have not heard anything from them, would like to wait for the magic number of 3 months before writing again.