Car Insurance Renewal: Switching From Bajaj Allianz To Tata AIG

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys
It is that time of the year where i have to renew my car insurance.
I am planning to switch from Bajaj Allianz to TATA AIG.
Is that a good move since TATA is offering me a higher IDV and low premium.
Also is there any penalty to switch the companies?
Do i just renew the policy with the new company?
Do i need to inform Bajaj allianz to cancel my current policy after it expires? Will they invoke any penatly?

Thanks

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Renewing my car insurance

I am planning to switch from Bajaj Allianz to TATA AIG.
Is that a good move since TATA is offering me a higher IDV and low premium.
Also is there any penalty to switch the companies?
Do i just renew the policy with the new company?
Do i need to inform Bajaj allianz to cancel my current policy after it expires? Will they invoke any penatly?
Dear buddy,

Are you going for normal or Zero Dep Policy? Also, Please share the difference of Premium and IDV of both brands. There is no penalty on switching companies/brands. You just have to pay a survey charge initially to TATA AIG and get the new policy. The existing insurance company will not charge any penalty and once your insurance policy expires you are free to choose from any car insurance brand and take the policy. When the Bajaj people call you to remind of pending insurance just tell them you'll be getting the same done from some other brand.

A humble suggestion, Do go by the clauses and conditions of the insurance policy before taking them.

Regards

Akash

Hi Vishal,

We came across your post and couldn't help writing back to you. We would hate to lose you as our customer and would like to understand if there is any specific reason for the switch. Would be great if you could let us know by emailing the details at help.support@bajajallianz.co.in so that we could provide you with the requisite cover based on your needs.

Please do mention ORM011012 in your mail for our reference to identify you immediately .

Bajaj Allianz
General Insurance

Actually in my experience all insurance companies tend to bully the consumer with unfair tactics hiding behind what they claim are regulations. Why should nonmetallic parts attract 50% depreciation even if the car is 1 day old? Try asking for third party insurance only and see how they react. Unfortunately the lack of a strong AA in the country allows them to get away with murder. The only good thing now is the possibility to migrate in my case I was given a quote by bajaj for my car I ignored it as I thought it was high. I was incessantly called by their representatives and as it got closer to the date one of them told me that they were willing to reduce the premium substantially they offered me the insurance at a reduction of 20% which shows that they initially try and squeeze you and then are willing to settle for far less. I would recommend shopping around to get the best deal. Also after the car is older than 3 years switch to 3rd party.

Top Bottom