Insurance Claim Procedure on Accident

Thread Starter #1
With grief i am writing this thread,
My dad met with an accident with public transport bus in trivandrum,with my scooter-Honda Activa.
Luckily the Driver himself volunteered and took him to the hospital and gave him first aid.Nothing serious, bruises in legs.As he was travelling very slowly and safely,by god's grace he was saved.

The vehicle had following dents-
1.The front brake lever got damaged
2.Mirror got loosened,eventhough not shattered.
3.Front left side of vehicle got the impact,and it did not break just have a dent + scratch.
4.Right side of the vehicle due to fall had only small problems as it had crash guard.
I will post photos.

My doubt is how to claim insurance?
Whether we have to register a case for claiming insurance?
I am not planning to go for a case as driver had already done the needful and that itself is fortunate in present day scenario.
Please help.[cry]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Accident claim

Nice to know your dad is OK dear. As for the scooter, since you don't want to go for any legal proceedings then simply go to the agency and fill a insurance claim form stating that your scooter was hit by a mini-bus and due to that the vehicle lost balance and fell. In that claim form info regarding time of accident and speed at time of accident should be mentioned correctly.

No case or anything is needed. Case is registered in times if something unfortunate happens in a accident on road.

Take Care and God Bless.

Akash

No need to file case if it is a moderate level (you may decide the level). IMO the case may not solve quickly and it will be unnecessary headache, if you mange with insurance without case. Check with ASS, they may guide you very well.

Thread Starter #4
Nice to know your dad is OK dear. As for the scooter, since you don't want to go for any legal proceedings then simply go to the agency and fill a insurance claim form stating that your scooter was hit by a mini-bus and due to that the vehicle lost balance and fell. In that claim form info regarding time of accident and speed at time of accident should be mentioned correctly.

No case or anything is needed. Case is registered in times if something unfortunate happens in a accident on road.

Take Care and God Bless.

Akash
Thank you sir for consoling me,
Sir the form must be procured from insurance agency right.
Or shall i straightly take it to ASS.
The insurance i took was from outside,not company recommended one.

No need to file case if it is a moderate level (you may decide the level). IMO the case may not solve quickly and it will be unnecessary headache, if you mange with insurance without case. Check with ASS, they may guide you very well.
Does the whole process required to be done soon?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Sir the form must be procured from insurance agency right.
Or shall i straightly take it to ASS.
The insurance i took was from outside,not company recommended one.
Vishnu, as you have got insurance from outside then go to the insurance company for the form and then once claim is processed go to the ASC for repairs. Or the insurance company might tell you to get the vehicle repaired and then apply for the claim.

Regards

Akash

Does the whole process required to be done soon?
Inform to the insurance immediately so that it will be a smooth process. The Insurance surveyor has to inspect the vehicle for clearing the insurance. Once you get the clearance from insurance, you can proceed for repair work.

Thread Starter #7
Attaching photos of dent

Attachments

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Vishnu, Looking at the pics above I actually don't feel you need to go for a claim. There is no major damage as such and everything can be done by simple touch up job itself. Just my thought though.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #9
Vishnu, Looking at the pics above I actually don't feel you need to go for a claim. There is no major damage as such and everything can be done by simple touch up job itself. Just my thought though.

Regards

Akash
Anyway for accesories i won't get any reimbursement of money,that will go from my pocket.
Other work i will get it done from insurance.
A 50-50 deal[:)]

Thread Starter #10
Got my activa after service good as new.will post the bill later on as i have given it to the insurance office,for claiming the amount.
They have agreed to reimburse 3200.
The total bill was 4998.
As most of the parts damaged where accesories that charges were made from my pocket.
Overall service okay,even though i went to showroom every alternate days to check on it(showroom 1 km from my house ,hence not a big deal).
1.Main part -dent reworked,and painted
2.Grips(a pair)
3.crash guard repainted,silencer capping replaced,side cover replaced.

Attachments

Last edited:
hey dear, how did you started claim process..?

1st you went to insurance company or directly to service centre?

I got my Activa front portion damaged..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #12
I went to ASS first.
If its a minor dent its better to pay from your pocket rather than claiming insurance.
In my case i had taken insurance from outside(Insurance advisor is my neighbour),but luckily the ASS had dealings with same insurance brand,so it was not a big deal in claiming insurance.

Top Bottom